USING GARRETT GTI 2500 ON SALT BEACHES

Swanie1

May 6, 2003
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
Has anyone used a Garrett GTI 2500 on salt sand beaches? If so, how did it work and what are the best settings to use for that detector? Also, what size coil should be used? I have the 8" and 12". I am headed for Gulf Shores, Alabama in May and am taking my detector. Any good advice would be appreciated as I haven't had much experience beach hunting.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried the 2500 but have used the GTI 1500 which has less features. To use it on the saltwater beaches in many places you must turn down the sensitivity as this is where the black sand is along the shore too. The use of the larger coil will get you more depth in the dry sand and less in the wet as the coil will see more of the salt and black sand. The use of less sensitivity will allow the use of the larger coil, but expect some falsing. It can't be helped with most VLF's.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread