Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in getting a second detector, this one being a beach machine, although I do want the same capabilities to use it inland as well. I have read some reviews on the White's beachmaster I.D and most people say it's a great machine but they also said the coil is way too bouyant and hard to keep down. What is the equivalant in a Fisher machine { same price range} ? Any feedback on the Beachmaster would be helpful as well, thanks!

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a Beach Hunter ID and gave it to my brother in law because I didn't like the floating coil in the water. However it was lighter to use on land in the dry sand. I guess Whites knew most hunter would only do the land. It is nice to have the three tones and lights to help id the target but not necessary since it is usually dug anyway. At least you can order the weighted coil if you are going to mainly do the water or add a sock taped to the shaft with sand in it for weight. This also adds water resistance in moving it back and forth.

Natch the Excal and CZ20 or CZ21, Infinium LS would be great but they cost lots more. The Fisher 1280 is still a great water detector but a little on the heavy side for land hunting. But a true water detector has to be built like a tank to stand the preasure at 200 foot down. Way deeper than I dive anyway. Also good is the Tesoro Tiger Shark and this water detector you can change coils if needed. It is good too on finding gold chains unlike most other detectors.

I've left out the usual PI detectors which most have a love of finding deep trash and you wear yourself out digging two foot deep bobby pins. For this reason they are poor choices for hunting the grass too where you must be neat in retrival of coins.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
No question to it. The Tesoro Tiger Shark is the way to go. HH and good luck

Desertfox

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want a good quality machine that will not leak even if submersed completely underwater.Something that has no trouble finding gold and silver rings,necklaces,etc and works well on land as well, although I do still have my classic 3 for land. I have used my classic 3 in water many times { being very careful not to get the box wet} and yes it is a big pain in the butt keeping the coil down so I know what that's like!

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what the Beachunter is equivelant to as far as a land detector? I like the idea of having a dedicated water machine but also would like to use it as my primary inland detector.

pratt

Jan 30, 2008
Grayling, michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belive it is based off of the dfx, running the same frequency 3khz & 15khz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions