New Surfmaster PI Pro doesnt go deeper than Surfmaster PI-Whites confirmed!

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
New Surfmaster PI Pro doesn't go deeper than Surfmaster PI-Whites confirmed!

Hi everyone I was wondering if the Surfmaster PI Pro went deeper than the Surfmaster PI but according to Whites they haven't changed anything on the circuit board!! I wanted an upgrade and there is no sense in doing so because the newer version is the same as the old version!! I thought that people on the posts were saying that the PI Pro was getting more depth? I guess not according to the techs at Whites!! Oh well, what to do now? Any suggestions for a deeper PI would be lovely!! Aloha ???

Upvote 0

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Re: New Surfmaster PI Pro doesn't go deeper than Surfmaster PI-Whites confirmed!

Infinium LS ?

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Re: New Surfmaster PI Pro doesn't go deeper than Surfmaster PI-Whites confirmed!

Man how deep do you want to go? I have an old Whites PI 1000. I don't use it any more, but I know for sure I got a large gold ring at 2 feet. When I started diging I was in knee deep water when I got the ring I was in up to my neck. That old detector went deeeeeep. Too deep for me. Mike.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!

Mike Silver -gold said:
Man how deep do you want to go? I have an old Whites PI 1000. I don't use it any more, but I know for sure I got a large gold ring at 2 feet. When I started digging I was in knee deep water when I got the ring I was in up to my neck. That old detector went deeeeeep. Too deep for me. Mike.

Hi Mike,

look at it this way, with gold over 1K per oz, ya definitely want to go home with something. All the competition with beach hunting makes it much tougher to find the gold. Now if you ask me, I don't mind getting chest deep if it's getting the goods!!! :wink:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

look at it this way, with gold over 1K per oz, ya definitely want to go home with something. All the competition with beach hunting makes it much tougher to find the gold. Now if you ask me, I don't mind getting chest deep if it's getting the goods!!!

Where your at, you might have trouble with hot rocks or black sand. I don't know of any PI that is deeper, they all are about the same on depth with the only difference in the disc. circuit or the way they sound off. I am to old now to dig up to my neck with the thought it's trash. But at 1K a oz. Troy, it could be worth it.

Take Care,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread