Fabulous day, so-so hunt

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday I decided to go into the water after checking in on the beach cam on Sunday. I noticed that there were quite a few more people going into the water. I got to the beach about 10:30. I wasn't in the water long, when I came across a fellow water hunter working with a Sand Shark. He hadn't found all that much, maybe a junk earring or two. It took me a while to find my first coin, it was a quarter. I only found two more pennies for the rest of the day along with the usual junk. The weather was beautiful, 82 degrees and sunny and the water was pretty nice. I was working the high tide line to about waist deep. I didn't include a pic of the finds as I'm sure everyone knows what a quarter and 2 pennies look like :icon_jokercolor:

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Willie D,

I agree it's the fun of getting out there and being on a beautiful beach. The bonus is finding something. :thumbsup:

Do you ever hit any of the local beaches here in New Port Richey or Port Richey?

I hope to get out soon. Too much work and too little time.....

A picture of a quarter and 2 pennies would have been nice....I know we haven't seen too many of those.... :D (just joking).

Have a great time if you get out there soon.

JP

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I wonder if it was Guzz1 that you saw, that's funny :icon_pirat:
Beautiful weather for hunting, WTG!
Glenn

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bbqbull said:
JoeSWFF said:
82 degrees and sunny, I'll take it...Still in the 20-30's up here.

Same here...colder than chit for this time of year for us here.
I hope it warms up for you guys soon.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jpotter said:
Hey Willie D,

I agree it's the fun of getting out there and being on a beautiful beach. The bonus is finding something. :thumbsup:

Do you ever hit any of the local beaches here in New Port Richey or Port Richey?

I hope to get out soon. Too much work and too little time.....

A picture of a quarter and 2 pennies would have been nice....I know we haven't seen too many of those.... :D (just joking).

Have a great time if you get out there soon.

JP
I haven't hit any of the local beaches yet but I have been thinking about it.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurdiggrNY said:
I wonder if it was Guzz1 that you saw, that's funny :icon_pirat:
Beautiful weather for hunting, WTG!
Glenn
That would be funny, but I don't think he comes this far north.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangingfor8 said:
It's been rough hunting. :-\
It can only get better......at least that's what I keep mumbling to myself. :icon_jokercolor:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Willie
I had No idea that was you out there in the water .. There's not much happening at that beach right now . No one in the water and the dry has been picked clean by night hunters .. I have hunted there all week long a got nothing but a sore back... summer will be better there,,,,,,, hh guzz1....

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guzz1 said:
Hey Willie
I had No idea that was you out there in the water .. There's not much happening at that beach right now . No one in the water and the dry has been picked clean by night hunters .. I have hunted there all week long a got nothing but a sore back... summer will be better there,,,,,,, hh guzz1....
So Guzz1, that was you at Clearwater Beach? No kidding! I'm gonna update my mug shot with a pic of what I look like when I'm out hunting. I've had a few people think they saw me but were not sure.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No Willie I was in sarasota. but there was a guy in the water that looked like you , sorry guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread