Ray Guards

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I got the ray guards today from Wind River. I called them because they had not put an invoice in the box. I was informed that the price is $39.99 rather than $59.99 and an invoice would be sent as soon as they got the charges from UPS
They are a really sturdy setup and I think they will work out fine. A bit cumbersome at first but then so is a big bandage.
Guy I met had been hit twice in the last month, was lucky as they were not a direct hit but painfull enough. He has the same set on order too. Guess didn't want to find out about 3rd time is a charm.
Here is how I look at it. The price is a hell of a lot less than a trip to the ER and a follow up at the Dr, not to mention the inconvenience
I know I will be wearing mine :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Erikk, can you give a bit of a description.
Fit, quality, etc.

Never mind, I just got off the phone with Jeff. He is a breath of fresh air to talk to.
I ordered a pair of his stingray gaiters. He explained briefly the protecting material. (kydex)
For the price of 39.95, How can I go wrong?

As you said, he will deal on a "handshake". Refreshing to say the least.

It will do no good to order on the internet, his site has problems.

http://www.windriverdesigns.com/stingray-Details.asp
The number toll free is:866-652-1115

Thanks
Ralph

Attachments

• LRstingray2 (327 x 400).jpg
    LRstingray2 (327 x 400).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,215
OP
OP
erikk

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Montauk3 said:
Erikk, can you give a bit of a description.
Fit, quality, etc.

Thanks
Ralph
You order the size closest to your leg size S, M, L The web site has the measurements. Quality looks good and there is plenty of overlap that you take up with the straps.(they also include a couple of extra straps) What you see on the web site is pretty much what you get. There is no doubt that they will stop a barb or a rattlesnake for that matter

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really awesome gaiters and if I did water hunting or lived back down in Georgia, I would definitely have me a pair of those. They look to be of fine quality for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread