Ray Guards #2

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Went out and tried the guards today. They went on easy enough and stayed in the whole 5 hours I was in without any adjustment or messing with them. Another plus is that they tend to reduce the amount of sand/shell that goes into your shoes :thumbsup:
The Infinity PI managed to hit a 10K at close to 20-24 inches and 4 quarters at close to that depth along with a bottle cap, a SS fish hook and a aluminum tab. I know that I have gone over these targets with my excal and it never read them. It is a real winner in a clean area :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds good. I hit the place you & I went to (my spot) and found three pennies and a pair of sunglasses. I think I have pounded it pretty good, no one in the water to speak of. And I had my eyes out for the rays after one swam by me......

OP
OP
erikk

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
FloridaBill said:
That sounds good. I hit the place you & I went to (my spot) and found three pennies and a pair of sunglasses. I think I have pounded it pretty good, no one in the water to speak of. And I had my eyes out for the rays after one swam by me......

For $50.00 it's cheap insurance :coffee2:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tried my new Wind River guards today. I put them on and 15 seconds later I forgot I had them on.
Quality appears good. The only thing I did was to lubricate the stitching with candle wax.

1=Rub the candle along all the stitching. put plenty on it won't hurt anything.
2= Get the hair dryer, put on medium heat and run it along all the waxed areas.
3= TaDa, the wax melts, is absorbed by the thread and disappears.

The thread should last a lot longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread