A great site for beach conditions worldwide for beach hunters, "Magic Sea Weed"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A great site I found for beach conditions worldwide "Magic Sea Weed"

Thanks Treasure_Hunter

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800

Thanks for the information. I love finding web cams that show the surf also-goldnugget-Richard-Charlotte, N.C.

Attachments

• DSCN0290Copy.JPG
    DSCN0290Copy.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN0290Copy.JPG
    DSCN0290Copy.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 431

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

Only problem is that they don't know FL has a WEST coast too... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Errik,

Click Surf Reports, then use top drop down box on left and click on Gulf Coast, box below allows you to select particular beaches on Fl west Coast, Texas and Mexico. It gives you Clearwater, Naples,Ttreasure Island, Venice and Navarre Beach (Panama city) which pretty much covers Florida's West coast. :thumbsup:

It will give you surf reports for just about any beach area in the world. It doesn't list every beach naturally, but you only have to pick a beach close to where you want to hunt and adjust the tide times a little bit.

Magic Sea Weed site gives you the time of high and low tides, height of swells, period of swells, direction of swells, direction of wind, wind speed, air temperature, and water temperature for 6am, noon, and 6pm for the next 7 days.

If you run your mouse across the graphs you can watch the conditions change for the next 7 days below as the weather systems affect the beaches.

Off to the right side it will list other beaches in that region, you click on it to go to that beach with out having to go back to the drop down boxes.............

To me for beach hunters this site has eveything you need to choose your hunting. This weekend it shows swells higher then normal on the West coast of Fl, so rather then spend the extra gas money >:( to go there, I'm going to Daytona. If it was flat on St Pete or Clearwater I would have gone there this weekend. You know how hard it is to fight the water when swells are up that high.....If I'm going to hunt high sweels may as well be local and save the gas money, which we all know isn't cheap any longer.

Good luck and good hunting......... :thumbsup:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Re: A great site for beach conditions worldwide ----->"Magic Sea Weed"

TH, Thanks for the instructions! I will try again and yes, surf's up over here. Just have to wait it out

HH :thumbsup:

954hunter

Dec 10, 2007
Ft. Laud. Fl
Detector(s) used
Excal. II

Added to my favorites.....Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Great Site TH ,, Thanks . I bookmarked it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A great site for beach conditions worldwide for beach hunters, "Magic Sea Weed"

Very nice site Treasure Hunter. I too saved it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread