BEACH HUNTER ID VS. SURFMASTER P.I. PRO VS SEA HUNTER MARK 2

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy a beach/water detector very soon and was wondering what what your thoughts were on these three models. They are in my price range and I'm having a hard time deciding on one of the three.
I will be hunting salt and freshwater and beaches.
I have read a few problems about the BHID having a leaky battery door.
I have heard that the others will have you digging a lot of fish hooks, etc. Don't the discrimination work on these models?
Any help and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check out the Toroso Tigershark or Sandshark in your situation tiger would do better.. For The Money you can't beat these MD'S.. GUzz1

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my beach hunter ID, and I heard that the problem was fixed by white. As long as it has a red seal around the battery compartment where the problem was it's fixed. They are all good machines, good luck in your decision.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see Whites fixed the door problem, it was the only complaint I had on mine, but after leaking twice, I no longer trusted it.

I traded it in on the first of my two Sov GT's, got a $500 trade in too, before the prices went up due to the devaluation of the dollar.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
I've been running my BHID and never had a problem with it. The thing I found is you need to make sure the battery door gasket is plugged in straight and level. If it's positioned correctly, the latches should lock pretty easy with no problems. I also added the super 12" coil and it's a real monster with it!!!

Thanks!!!! :wink:

ozdrew PI dig all

Mar 20, 2005
Australia
Hi salty
I have had the seahunter mKII for 7 years and at one stage i was going to the beach 3 times a week.

The discrimination they talk about on the seahunter is Rubbish, You use that and you will loose heaps of depth.

With the 8" coil you can (after some time ) you can pick the sounds , bobby/ hair pins vs a good target.

New bottle caps sound like a coins, and a rusty ones, i can tell by the sound.

The 14X10 coil they all sound the same but you looking at digging over 15"

My seahunter mkII finds me about $2500 AU a year (note we have 1 and 2 doller coin) plus bling , but i take about 500g plus of trash out of the beach each time.

The Battery i use are alkaline and last approx 20hr, I just use Vaseline on the rubber seal and never had a problem. I have been underwater with it and its had a few hard knocks and the coil is tough as rocks too. NO coil cover needed.

This is my honest opinion but I know nothing of the other models you are looking at.

If you have any more Question I would be glad to try answer them.
:thumbsup:

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BEACH HUNTER ID

I HAVE USED THE BEACH HUNTER ID FOR YEARS ALSO THE PI PRO/SURF MASTER PI...THE PI PRO/S.M PI HAS NO DISE SO YOU'LL DIG LOTS OF IRON TILL YOU FIGURE IT OUT...ITS BEST FOR WATER HUNTING WHERE THERE'S LESS TRASH...I LOVE THE BEACH HUNTER ID...NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT AT ALL!! I HUNT 100'S+100'S OF HOURS A YEAR!! WITH THE NEW SUPER 12 COIL I AM GETTING DEPTH RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE PI PRO I USE FROM TIME TO TIME!!HERE'S SOME LOOT I HAVE GOTTEN THIS SPRING... THE VISUAL ID ON THE BEACH HUNTER IS GREAT!!

Attachments

• HPIM0153 (Large).JPG
    HPIM0153 (Large).JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,020
  • index (Large) (5).jpg
    index (Large) (5).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,481
  • index (Large) (6).jpg
    index (Large) (6).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,664
  • HPIM0156 (Large).JPG
    HPIM0156 (Large).JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • HPIM0157 (Large).JPG
    HPIM0157 (Large).JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 976
OP
OP
salty dog

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Thanks everyone for the posts.
When I decide what to get and get in the water I'll post my results and my Field test results about the machine I purchased.
Seeing all the great finds make me want to hit the beach.
Robert

"YOU WON'T FIND ANYTHING IN 100%
OF THE HOLES YOU DON'T DIG !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread