San Diego in Oct,,,,??

soulofawolf

Jan 25, 2005
K.Falls, Oregon
Am planning trip to San Diego in Oct with my girlfriend & intend to bring my Md,,,,can anyone tell me about the beaches there & whats allowed as far as MD'g them? Do they allow Md'g? If so are permits required? Am flying down from Oregon,,,,any problem with taking Md on plane?? Any thing else you can think of that i haven't??

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ;D

Wolf

Upvote 0

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in SD. MDing is allowed on beaches with no permits required.
Consider: Coronado near Hotel Del, Mission Beach, La Jolla Beach, and many others.
You can buy one of those $7 mini shovels at Home Depot if you don't want to fly with one.
Best/easiest finds are in the wet sand at low tide. You need a dual/multi frequency
machine or PI to work in the wet sand (DFX, CZ5, Explorer, Quattro, Soverign).

The weather only varies 10 degrees year round. Bring a wind breaker in case there is a northern. :-)

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't speak about CA beaches. However, I travel extensively with my Minelab Excalibur and carry as checked baggage. I do recommend a hardend travel case. I use the Pelican cases for all my baggage including the detector.

Q

OP
OP
S

soulofawolf

Jan 25, 2005
K.Falls, Oregon
Thanks CC, appreciate the info on the beaches. now, if the earthquakes don't hit while i'm there, i should be fine,,,lol.

Thank you Wreck, will check into pelican,,,,don't have a hard case yet, been looking for one as white's doesn't make one for the prizm series from what i've been told.

scoutingbear

Jun 28, 2005
Hello, CC gave some good choices. I am also in San Diego had hit the beaches on a regular bases. Beaches are hit hard with people hunting but there is always things to be found. Wet sand does give you the most treasure but do not ignore dry sand. I recovered a $4,000 ring for a lady who lost it in the dry sand just last week. If I had not been there when she lost it, it would have been in someone scoop.

Drop me an e-mail if you are interested in getting together. [email protected].

Also, here is a great link that tells you about all the San Diego beaches. http://www.sdchamber.org/visitor/beaches.html

Good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread