Hand sand scoop

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
I plan on shippping my detector (SOV GT) down to South Padre Island when I go visit my dad. I dont have a sand scoop so I will need to buy one. I will only beable to detect for about a week. Will a hand sand scoop work? I know this means I will be bending down alot, which is what I have to do on land anyways. Thoughts? Suggestions?
What about steel vs Aluminum? and Price?
Is there anything I want to stay away from?

Upvote 0

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i like the long handle scoop.some of the sand is packed and hard to dig,you will kill your wrist .hand scoop is ok for dry sand as it is fluffy.but if you hunt near the water at low tide,it will be packed hard.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skipper

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Dude....I have used a little beach scoop for a coupe of years...Painful. From your knuckles to your back, and the top of your thighs...You,ll bounce back but ...depending on your age, convenience is best. Like the posted entries before me, wet sand is hard...then you have to shake it out of the scoop. Dry sand is a lot easier, but like you said, bending and stooping,....sucks.
I'm not lazy, and have endured the past, but save a little $, spend it wisely, ....save a lot.

Just my thoughts...

My new scoop is below..

Skipper

Attachments

• Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 351
  • Time Saver.jpg
    Time Saver.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 355
  • Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg