Anybody have the website link to the old "Golden Oldies" Beach Hunting website?

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Anybody have the website link to the old "Golden Oldies" Beach Hunting website?

I think this is what your looking for Chief........

http://thegoldenolde.com/

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Re: Anybody have the website link to the old "Golden Oldies" Beach Hunting website?

Man got beat again! that's it.

OP
OP
DaChief

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks T Hunter. I remember seeing an article on that website about how sands shift on the beach and in the water and got to thinking about it when I saw the earlier post today where the question was asked about why folks find old stuff on the beach after many years.

Jim

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I met old Norm many years ago and learned a lot from him. He is the one that taught me the "Happy Dance." :headbang:

It might take awhile, but it might be a good idea to print out all the pages.

Good Luck,
Sandman

G

gamiller

Re: Anybody have the website link to the old "Golden Oldies" Beach Hunting websi

Sandman said:

I met old Norm many years ago and learned a lot from him. He is the one that taught me the "Happy Dance." :headbang:

It might take awhile, but it might be a good idea to print out all the pages.

Good Luck,
Sandman
I only "knew'' him from his website.
I wish I had a chance to meet him, he must of been a great guy. Greg

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

I printed all those pages out and put them in a book several years ago. Since he has now passed away I was afraid they would not keep the site up and running. Seems I was proved wrong but still, just in case, if the site does go away I've still got them. I refer to those pages often. He really knew what he was talking about.

OP
OP
DaChief

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had considered printing them out for myself but never did. I will do that soon. I read every one of them back a year ago and remembered lots of what was said. That is why Foilman's question reminded me of them. I knew that there was an article about shifting sands on the site and how old stuff gets uncovered from time to time. He did write lots of good stuff and had a great knowledge of the hobby. That is what makes this hobby so great. We have lots of nice folks to associate with.

Take care and thanks again.

Jim

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Great site.

May he Rest in Peace.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Norm is gone but "The Olde" lives.

I knew Norm only through email correspondence. Fantastic web site that he built and maintained. The family has since sold it to another person who bought it just for the sake of keeping the information up and on line. I don't believe he has any intentions of updating any of the material. It's all there for free reference for those who would like to use it.

Aug 27, 2011
C/S CO
Detector(s) used
bh lonestar

its now a sex finder site.. sorry i missed it.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow that was A surprise.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes the info is in printed form in my library also. I consider it one of my most cherished books

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mumszie has the correct URL of http://web.archive.org/web/20080202045558/http://thegoldenolde.com/ for The Golden Olde website.

Here's a tip for you. If you get to the "Internet Archive WaybackMachine" page again look to the right and in small letters you will see the word "impatient?". Click on that word and it will take you directly to the site you are looking for.

Happy New Year and Happy Hunting!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread