First time out Satuday...

SoMuchFun

May 29, 2005
florida
Hey All-
I just joined last week. Took my hand me down Radio Shack Discriminator over to Hollywood beach Saturday. Nice and empty cause of the weather, that was good. My first time ever using a detector. Well at least I know the thing works cause I found lots of different crap at levels to 12 inches deep. When I found my first quarter, you would have thought I found gold! Its just the fun of it. Total haul was a crap load of aluminum, 2 quarters ( WHOOPIE!),an old can opener and a keychain clip. I'm sure others have swept thru the area because there was'nt even a penny by any of the palm trees that people like to set their blankets down at. Anyway
"Better days are comin"!!!!!!!!!!!? ;D

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Re: Broke my cherry Satuday...

Welcome to the forum and to the addiction! You are off to a great start and you came to the right place for info and advice! If you have any questions feel free to ask, we are a friendly bunch! If you find this site especially helpful, sign up for a charter membership! Good hunting! omnicognic 8)

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
You did pretty good for first time! congrats! Are you hooked yet?LOL Keep goining and you'll get better, and find some great stuff.
Dano. Welcome to the club bud!

OP
OP
SoMuchFun

SoMuchFun

May 29, 2005
florida
Hey Dano-
Thanks for the welcome as well. Yeah, I'm hooked already and I"m putting money aside already for an ace 250! The radio shack discriminator is ok but it's uncomfortable, seems too short even at the longest adjustment plus I hear alot of good things about the ace 250 as a good starter detector. Now I know how it feels to locate and find something so now I'm hooked. I feel like a kid with my first bb gun!!!!!!!! All I think about now in my free time is where can I go detect now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions