guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I went on my second night hunt last night. This time I went with my hunting partner cotton, New to the forum But not new to Md . We got to beach around 10 pm and a huge minus tide .. It was great, I got a bunch of clad and another car and a motorcycle hoop earring. Cotton ended up with some clad and really nice mans wedding Band Big ring :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. We think its Platinum but not sure . I 'll Post picture of the ring as soon a I can... on the inside of the ring PT rel. Don't know what that means .. .. HH Guzz1

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wow....that would be so cool getting to detect a beach and at night no less! I can't wait to see the ring too...I am sure it is a beauty! Congrats to both of ya!

fliptopking

Greenie
May 8, 2008
Not worried about SHARKS !!!!!!! At night and early moring feeding. Be carefull and don't become the next meal.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
WET SAND ONLY Not getting in the water At Night .... Guzz1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches can be dangerous at night from the lowlife "humans" let alone sharks in the water. It is best to have a partner for safety. We never had to worry about that while having fun in the past.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
BINGO!!!
PT IS platinum.
Congrats!

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Well a big congrats to cotton,,,,, guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Yea Sandman  your  right  ,,,  I  only go at  night now   with  a  partner   or   party  of  3 or 4.. I  did  have  a bit of  a scare  when, three punks  approached  me   ask  me  if  I  had   found  anything yet . I  replied  nop. and   kept  moving  also had  my  razor  sharp  knife  on  my  hip.I tend to always  be  on  the  defensive  and  ready in situations Like  that ,, Times  sure  have  Changed..............  guzz1

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Yep, you have to keep that eye in the back of your head open all the time. Never lose track of where your partner is, never know when you'll need each other! Congrats ona nice hunt!!!!

Desertfox

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night hunting sounds like fun. You can't night hunt here because a security guard or the police would be stopping you every ten minutes to find out who you are and what you are doing. That is annoying but I like it. Also, many good hunting areas have night time curfews, especially public beaches and parks. I have hunted in some pretty dubious places where even in daylight hours you have to be careful. I have found the biggest hazard to some areas is the young teens say from ages 13 to 16. They usually don't have auto transportation so they tend to travel in bunches of 8 or 10 on foot in the parks, etc. They are usually bad guy wantabes and can take you down in no time if they want to. The real "bad guys" are holed up and don't want to attract police attention so they hardly ever bother anyone. The secret is to stay close to your vehicle, carry a big shiney, sharp digging tool and be constantly watchful. I carry a pistol too, ( legally permitted), but really wouldn't want to pop one or more of these kids if I could avoid it. Well, off subject, but a word of caution is helpful to anyone who hasn't tried night hunting. Glad to see you are able to night hunt and great finds guzzi! Monty

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
THree flashes with flashlight is a warning signal.. that what we use to communicate walkie talkies is also a good idea ... Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread