Get ready gulf coast hunters!

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
As TS Arlene chugs up the gulf, the high seas are likely to provide great finds in her wake! I'll see you at the beach!

204736F120_sm.gif

Good Hunting! omnicognic! :D

Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I was thinking of going to the gulf this weekend, then heard about Arlene and desided against it. Perhaps I should go afterall!

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
>:( >:( >:( THE BEACH IS MINE!!! ;D At least in Biloxi, Mississippi, anyway LOL. Will be looking forward to hunting the beach directly after she heads in. We hit the beach last year after Ivan brushed by us and found over $12. We didn't even need a metal detector! Maybe Arlene will be good to us with a little clad for our piggy banks ;D.

See ya at the beach ;) :-* ::)

Wallycoz

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the state of Florida has ended the isolated finds program, and made it illegal to recover anything from old shipwrecks, I expect that beach finds will increase exponentially in the wake of the seasons first named storm.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving down A1A last night and the waves were really pounding down here in Broward county.They've been pumping sand from offshore trying to get some of the beaches back because of all the erosion from last years storms(and all the condos built on the beach).At this rate I don't see there even being a beach left if we get hit with a good (or bad) one this year.I'm hoping for a little secondhand action down here from Arlene.Oceans' definitely rough and the surf is 50 yards from the road here in Ft.Laud.Good luck all you all up there in Louisiana and the Fl. panhandle.Might be a cat.1 before it hits land.Be safe and H.H.-diggummup

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
Biloxi Hunting report after Arlene -

She didn't do much to the beaches so... My son and I went out this am and I found about $2 in clad, and my son found $2.37 in clad and a $100.00 bill!!!!!!! Now before you get started, he didn't use his $100 Wal-Mart Bounty Hunter to find it. It was blown up against the "boardwalk" along the beach. He was all proud and stated that he didn't even need his detector to find it. I reminded him that he may not have found it using his detector but, if it weren't for his detector, he wouldn't have found it - 'cause he would not have been on the beach in the first place. We WILL be going out again in the am and this time my father will be joining us. He too, by the way, has a $20 bill to his credit. Maybe some day I'll get that lucky :'(.

to be continued...

Wallycoz

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story wally.........I bet your son was SO HAPPEEEE! :D

Nana ;)

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
Yes he was! We went out on Sunday - had a blast. didn't find too much, just a couple bucks in clad. My son and I went out today and hit the clad jackpot. I found $6.00 and he found over $7.00 - all in clad. We hit a new beach that has not been hit for apparently quite some time.

So far for this year I have a total of $95.00 in clad coins. I'm gonna have to get a bigger jar. My son finds the paper, so he can keep his in a small can ;).

Walter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread