Beach finds today

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well I am going to have to be happy with my finds today even though they weren't a lot. I can be happy that I did find a ring. Yeah, I found one. It is a cheap little wire ring and it HAD two stones in it but as I was blowing the sand off of it I blew one of them right out! I even crawled around the floor by my desk looking for it! What an idiot. It wasn't a diamond for Pete's sake! I didn't find it. I found a real big hoop earring and thought it just had to be gold but alas... it isn't! I ended up with 36 cents, one earring and one ring. As the old saying goes.... a ring is a ring is a ring. I'll take it! :wink:

MoneynJunk053108.jpg

Ring053108.jpg

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, your getting so much closer, I betcha that lil ring is silver too.. wtg :thumbsup:

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your getting there I was going to say the same thing ring looks like it could be silver being black like that. Try cleaning it up and also on the inside good and see if there is any marking? Good luck

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well... as Judge Judy always says "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck - IT'S A DUCK"! I cleaned the ring as best I could and it is still a cheap wire ring. No markings at all and you can even see that it is pitted in places. Ah well next time.

Ring0531082.jpg

:o

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well its still a ring and a great find beats junk any day of the week and will look good added to your collection...

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A ring is a ring,,, Well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread