Nutall Diamond head scoop

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have one, but use the Sunspot. However I think the Diamond Head is a great scoop for the surf because of the covering over the top. I had a top welded on the Sunspot basket to help keep the target from being washed out by a wave. I have been thinking of getting one myself.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I have one and I love it, in the surf at the beach you can drop it right down to where you want to dig without the current flopping it around, I'm in NY and hunt here and in NJ. I tried a good size aluminum scoop at the beach and it flopped around from the wave action, I wanted to flop it around a tree. Stainless Steel will last a really long time for sure. It's well balanced. It will cut thru gravel, shells and hard bottom like butter.
Good Luck!
Glenn

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say it looks great sitting in my closet, and when I get my ex cal. back from Minelab I'll let you know ;D ;D ;D

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Hey Dreamweaver

This is my second season with the Diamond Head, it's "really good" !

I have two. You no doubt have read most the posts or soon will, all I can recommend is

Pull the Trigger! :thumbsup:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just got mine last week you can see what I pulled out with it today on my post ( positive thinking big silver) . I think there a great scoop.. fiberglass handle is the ticket ... Guzz1

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for sale. Its a great scoop the only thing is i think the handle is to short .Another 8 to 12 in it would be perfect. Or im to tall.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Good  point   Cotton ,, I  too  think  the  Handle  could  be  extended ,Im short  so  the  handle issue  isn't  so  much of  an issue  for   me .  As far  as  the  basket  design its Great  .Weight  is  perfect .. It  would  nice  if  Travis  could  give  you  an option when  ordering to  opt  for and  extended  handle. He's   a  great  guy . I'm sure  he  would  be  open for  suggestions from the  guys  and  gals   who  a in the  field using  his   scoop,, Bottom  line..   I'm very  happy  with  Mine   , I'm gonna  keep  it ... Guzz1

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Sandman iv seen a person in Florida using the same scoop that you have and i was very impressed with the way it performed for him in the water and on the beach,

I went to kellyco website and they have the brute listed and im heading to Florida this month and plan on purchasing this scoop, The top is closed which will help keep the targets inside.

I have a 6061 aluminum scoop that works great but sometimes i have to try a few time to get the target.

This diamond head every one is talking about caught my interest a few months ago, and i know it would be a great scoop on the beach with the way the basket is v shaped.

But in the water the v shape can work against you unless your target is "dead center" of the v or when you push in the surf the v scoop will allow the target to move left of right and you will have to try again.

The brute that Kellyco has ive seen in person a few months ago and this is one bad ass scoop, Seems like the basket size is wider than the diamond head and would recover the target with ease.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I am looking into this scoop atm, and happened to see this topic on the search I used. It seems that they now offer an optional extended handle, so those that find it too short may want to look into it.

Anthony

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the original Diamond Head for about a year....the only neg things were the handle was too short at times and the weight when carrying it out of the water.. which they fixed with the new 48in.fiberglass handle....Side note: more long handle scoop are 40in. range than not.....rdi

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
I just ordered one with the 48" handle. I'll be adding an additional hand grip on the side and an eye bolt to attach a lanyard. They will make the handle solid, not hollow where the attachments need to go. Should have in a week. Can't wait to try it. I Had to give up on a water target yesterday after much effort. Hope this does the trick.

Tek

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
They glide through the Hard sand like butter you'll love it .. and there quick about doing it,,,,Right before that breaker hits you head ,, ;D ;D ;D

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonywestern i have not received any pm , But i just sent you one. COTTON

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a all stainless scoop get . ( nuttall) Nothing else. COTTON

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a good friend that is selling his. Its mint, I sold mine about a month ago. COTTON ,I Have it if any one is looking for a real nice scoop, I just asked him what he would take he told me 130.00 plus shiping. Now thats a deal. All stainless, COTTON

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
i ordered mine, and am tracking it U.P.S. as i type! can't wait to get it!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
oh and i did get the LONG handle.. i am 6ft and shorter would not work for me.. shaka! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Sandman said:
I don't have one, but use the Sunspot. However I think the Diamond Head is a great scoop for the surf because of the covering over the top. I had a top welded on the Sunspot basket to help keep the target from being washed out by a wave. I have been thinking of getting one myself.
I would be interested in seeing a pic of that Sunspot, Sandman... Does it help?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread