Sovereign GT

Surfmaster

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000 & 800, Sovereign Elite & GT
Sovereign GT

I just ordered a new Sovereign GT. Been hearing how superior it is to the Excal, Elite and even the Explorer II, so I decided it was time to get me one of the GT's. I'm getting a Patriot meter for it too,
which I hear is far superior to any other meter out there either digital or analog. I'm into shallow water
detecting mostly, may have to sell my Excal if the GT is better. I like the fact that all the Sov. Elite accessories with work with the GT so I can use all my other Sov coils and battery packs with it.
It (the GT) should pay for itself rather quickly in the next few months. I'm still looking for that elusive
platinum diamond ring. I think my chances will be greater with this setup. Anyone out there using the GT
have any settings or suggestions???
Thanks HH
Surfmaster

Upvote 0

scoutingbear

Jun 28, 2005
Re: Sovereign GT

Surfmaster,

I too have an Excalibur and looking at the GT as a second machine. I like the Excal but it has been back in the shop twice now for knob problems.

My only problem with the GT is it is not waterproof. In shallow water, you will have to rig something up to make sure it does not get wet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread