Two beaches Little finds

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I got down to Clearwater beach real early this morning and was in the water about 15 minutes when I met Ron, another MD'er. A real nice guy who has been hunting for many years and told me that he goes for the "real" treasure. He likes to hunt over on the East coast after storms.

A little later I met another MD'er, darn - I can't remember his name! I apologize if you are reading this. This guy was also using a CZ-20 and even helped me with my settings! Sheesh! Sometimes I wish I had a built in recorder. Anyway he was very nice too. I did see a couple other guys but never got close enough to say hello.

I found another huge cheapo hoop earring - this is #12 in my recent collection of hoop earrings. The only other thing I found was one penny. I did have a couple of good hits but just could not find them and after a while I lost the signal. RATS!

Junknmoney063081.jpg

I really couldn't stay too long as I only put 2.50 in the parking meter and I didn't want to have to put more money in. Soooo I moved on to another beach.

This time I hit Howard Park. This is a real nice beach area and it was on my way home. I figured that had to be SOMETHING there. Well there might be but if there is..... it's still there! I didn't find it! **sigh**

I got one quarter and two pennies there.

Junknmoney063082.jpg

Total take for the day. 1 hoop earring and 28 cents in clad and meeting two nice guys! I'll take it.

Hope everone else had great finds today. If I can't find them then I like to at least read about them.

Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it sure isn't because you aren't trying Mumszie. I have been in the panhandle for the past few days and skunked on my last three hunts also. Hoop earring and a bazillion pull tabs.

Stay at it.

DaChief

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not up that way but for my county I have a annual permit for the beaches in Charlotte County. Can you get one of these?

Can City of Clearwater residents purchase annual parking permits to park in the beach lots?
Frequently Asked Questions
City of Clearwater residents (with proof of residency) may purchase Beach Parking Permits. These annual permits sell for $40 and are valid in 4 select north Clearwater Beach locations. Resident Permits may be purchased at the Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Parking System Office, during normal business hours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread