Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nuttall Scoop

I just got off the Phone with Travis at Nuttall enterprises , This guy is the best .I got to tell ya . He had heard that I was selling my scoop because the handle was a little short and causing me some back pain. He offered to put a longer handle on the scoop for me to try and help me out . Thats just unheard of today. so I'm shipping the scoop to him tomorrow to make the handle adjustment. Now thats one hell of a business man I don't care what anybody says ... Hats off to you Travis ,,, You are the Man!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz1

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Re: Nuttall Scoop

Travis is the best, when I called him to order my scoop he said he didn't have the one pictured on his web page. The only ones he had were bigger. He gave me the bigger scoop at the smaller scoop price, unreal this day and age. Hats off to you Travis :thumbsup:
Glenn

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:

The big brown truck delivered my new DiamondHead scoop today. At first glance, I was totally impressed with the welding. Travis knows his business. As a retired machinist, I look at things a bit differently then most folks. this is a product well made.

My old aluminum scoop weighs in at 3.5lbs. The S.S. scoop is a bit over 5.5lbs.(using a fish scale) I will probably give it the ultimate test tomorrow.

Maybe this will break the jinx.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

Good luck Ralph ... That is one hell of a scoop. Travis is sending me a another scoop with 48 handle, should solve the back pain issue .. I sent my other one back ,,,,, let me know how you do ....... Guzz1

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

All I can say is that it is a good thing that I'm a persistent person. If I had just now started water hunting I would have been very discouraged. What makes me believe is the amount of rings I found when I first started. Jan, Feb, Mar.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

This morning I went to the beach and worked the dry sand until I got rained out. About one hour.

I must say first impression is that the DiamondHead is a water tool.
It cuts the dry very nicely. When I would shake the semi dry sand out, it felt like I still had half a load left.

It will take some time to get accustomed to the extra weight. (old man with weak elbow joints syndrome).

I am also sure that the yellow noodle will help somewhat in the water.

When I talked with Travis, he indicated that he was considering titanium as scoop material. If he does, we will once again, experience sticker shock.

tautog69

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2008
Delmarva
Detector(s) used
CZ20-21

I ordered my scoop last Monday and on Wednesday I noticed that the Nuttall web site had added the 48" handle as an option. I must say I was a little disappointed......but guess what, when my scoop arrived today, the company had put on the 48" handle! Nice job.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000

I got my Nuttal scoop yesterday. Travus put a 48" handle on it,no extra cost. I've been at this for some time now. This scoop is the best. I doubt that I will ever be able to break this handle. I like the point,I dig in a lot of hard bottom lakes. Great guy,great scoop. Travus is the man. :thumbsup: Mike.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

I get mine today,, guzz1

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Travis is the nicest person to deal with. I bought my scoop from him about a year ago. I ran into him at the beach the other day. He took a look at the scoop, checked it over, and asked me if I had any problems with it. I told him everything has been great with it.

He has a lot of personal pride in his work and spends time on each one he makes.

Travis also goes out of his way to make sure each customer is happy with the scoop that he sells.

It does the job that it is supposed to do. It will dig in to the ground when it's needed.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

Just google nuttall beach scoops Thats how I found it I don't have it handy Guzz1

Treasure Quest

Jan 17, 2008

Thanks Guzz1, I found it. Looks like a great scoop. Do you have the fiberglass handle on yours? I'm looking for something strong and tough enough to use in swimming holes that have gravel and small rock bottoms. I have not seen anything that looks better in construction.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

Yea the only way to go,,,, Tell travis you want 48 inch handle,,, the other is to short at least for me and I'm 5:10, It was killing my back to get a 90 degree plunge at the target,,,, good luck my friend Guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

I got the scoop tonight and the handle looks like its gonna be better I'll know more tomorrow. Guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

OK  all  ,,, Here's  the   scoop  on the  Scoop .. the  48 in  handle  Solved  all  the  problems  including zeroing  in on the  target ,,,15 great  signals , retrieved  every  target 1 to  2 scoops  .I could not get  enough  leverage  with  the  shorter  handled,,,  That's why  my  pinpointing  was  not   dead on I could not keep the steady ,,,,, now  I  have  more  leverage and  I  can keep  the  scoop  more  steady,, Problem Solve . I  Recommend  the  scoop big  time ... its  a no  Brainer. In the  dry  and  wet  sand , its killer . I  got  a  18K gold  wedding  band  today  in  one  push in chest  deep  water. plus  with  the  point on the  front ,it  just glides into sand (in the  water)  like   Butter,  Big thumbs  up  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the diamond head  with  the  48  inch handle .. Guzz1

Aagje

Jan 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Size curve

I just got off the Phone with Travis at Nuttall enterprises , This guy is the best .I got to tell ya . He had heard that I was selling my scoop because the handle was a little short and causing me some back pain. He offered to put a longer handle on the scoop for me to try and help me out . Thats just unheard of today. so I'm shipping the scoop to him tomorrow to make the handle adjustment. Now thats one hell of a business man I don't care what anybody says ... Hats off to you Travis ,,, You are the Man!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz1

What is the size off the curve (Bucket) in cm?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see picture (s) of diamond head scoop(s) with detailed dimensions as
they will reveal the strenghts and weakness of this design.

I have not doubt that Travis is one of the best for customer service,
but I can say also this for the manufacturer of every scoop that I have owned: RTG; Sunspot ( Stealth and Classic); and T-REX ) The support that I have recieved by their manufacturers has also been extroadinary.

What I am looking for is identifying the best scoop for my style of detecting and the conditions where I retrieve targets, not the most popular.

Travis is the best, when I called him to order my scoop he said he didn't have the one pictured on his web page. The only ones he had were bigger. He gave me the bigger scoop at the smaller scoop price, unreal this day and age. Hats off to you Travis :thumbsup:
Glenn

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread