Not completely skunked

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Overcast over here today. It was really nice out hunting but... I didn't find much at all. 36 cents, a small lock and the key was about 3 foot away, a couple of fish hooks, a nut that someone was using as a sinker and some wire pieces. Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

I had to go to the lab to get some blood work done and it was the usual pain in the you know what! I drove all the way there so I could be one of the first ones in and..... had to go all the way back home because I forgot the paperwork! CRAP It still wasn't too bad and I got it all done in an hour and got to the small beach just before they opened the gates. At the lab you have to show your driver's license and insurance cards. I had them out and ready. When they were finished with them I put them in my shirt pocket to put in my purse when I got back in the car. Ahhhhh you guessed it! I forgot to put them in my purse and I was over waist deep when I spied them in my pocket. The water was just barely touching the bottom edge of my pocket. I grabbed them out and stuck them on top of my head under my ball cap. Sheesh. What a day. I didn't have any hits NOT ONE for at least an hour. I was really getting disgusted. But then I got a couple. Still didn't get much but didn't get entirely skunked. I finally was ready to leave so I went up and hunted the playground for a while so I could dry off a little before getting back in the car. NO ONE was at the playground but as I started hunting around the swings two young people, a boy and his girl decided that they wanted to swing. Did they go to the swings I had already hunted? NO They chose the only one I had not hunted. So I went over to the volleyball court. That is where I found the nut with the fishing line tied onto it. Nothing else over there. The two kids left so I went back to the swing I had not been around and that is where I found the lock and about 3 feet away the key. Well like I said not entirely skunked! Tomorrow is another day and I'll take it.

MoneynJunk062708.jpg

Upvote 0

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
And another great day escaping from the recliner!!! :thumbsup: Admit it....all beeps are exciting! Hear them in my sleep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread