Vero Beach hunting in July

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
???
I'll be hitting the beaches around the Reef Ocean Resort in Vero Beach in Mid July (20-25) pretty much morning and night. I doubt I'll be alone. Say hello to the guy with the don't worry be happy shirt on. I'm open to hints by the way. I know to stay out of the water and dunes. I can't decide between a Whites MXT with Hot coil or my trusty Explorer that regularly kicks b___ when I use it in England. Look forward to hearing from you.

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey just have ball , and do what you back Home , and good luck.. Guzz1

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
When I was hunting the treasure coast beaches just north of Vero a month ago, I was the only person on the beach!

If you go north about 4 miles, and pull into the first public beach on the right, you'll find a small parking lot and a walkway to the beach.

At that beach, the erosion has taken the beach down about 5 to 10 feet. You actually have to climb down the sand from the beach walkway due to the erosion.

Since the beach is so hard to get to, there's not much trash and a good chance of treasure (or interesting debris). Be sure to examine the black clumps of coral - as some could have emeralds or coins embedded in them.

There are about 6 public access areas from there to the 1715 treasure fleet museum at Sebastian inlet, all worth detecting.

And if you get a chance, check out the 1715 Treasure Fleet museum. It will get you pumped up to get out on the beaches with your detector.

The map photo below, shows most of the public beach access areas.

Bill

Attachments

• treasurebeaches.jpg
    treasurebeaches.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 404
OP
OP
spritch

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
Sounds great. I figured they would have brought in all new sand. Thanks for the tips. I'll take the map with me.

Stuart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions