txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hard time deciding on the pi or the beachhunter. I went with the beachhunter got it Thurs. took it out Friday for about 15minutes walked into the surf a little above knee deep, waves hit me, decided that I would go back in around ankle deep until I got the machine down. Well it started acting crazy, static, and I turned it off turned it back on nothing but a buz. I went over to the chair, undid it out of the yellow case and guess what? I had water drops inside the housing. EXCUSE ME BRAND NEW MACHINE...BRAND NEW WATER MACHINE. What the heck??? I have to tell you I cried, because I planned this whole detecting trip for the weekend, spent $150 a night on a hotel, and within 15 minutes it was ruined. I could not even bring myself to go back down to the beach after that cause all I keep seeing was all the metal detecting I was missing. I usually drag a couple machines with me and only use one. This time I only brought the BHID so that I would make myself learn it and look what happend

I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and getting things straight, the thing is after this mess I don't know if I even want a Beachhunter anymore, maybe a PI, or perhaps not a Whites at all. I will tell you this I did not like the whole coil floating thing on it to begin with. Has anyone else had this problem with the beach hunter? Is the pi better? Is it sealed because honestly after seeing the housing unit on the beach hunter held together by screws I am not so certain I trust that. I think I want something that I know is completely sealed, maybe I will be getting the excal after all.

Cost of new detector----------678
Hotel Room 2nights-----------320
Gas to get there and back --- 80
New batteries at resort shop(just to be sure it wasn't the batteries-------12

Finds before detector fried----2 pieces of rusty iron, and 1 bottle cap

Box of Klenexx to cry into----Priceless

Upvote 0

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Re: NEW MACHINE ---ANTICIPATION----TRIP---and Kaboom the ending

txkickergirl said:
ok whites confirmed through the serial number that it was made in 2006 and that they quit making them and one of the should not of been sold to me. It should of had a red gasket. So armed with info I waited until I was sure the dealer opened and had a cup of coffee.

I called him and expected a bit of a run around but I will have you know he seemed just as shocked as me and told me to send it back and he would send me another one. So then I told him that within the 15minutes I used it I did not like the floating coil and that I think it would be best to upgrade to the 300, he was silent for a moment and told me he could do that but if I was going to spend that money to get the Fisher CZ-21 .
I told him I would think it over and call him back with my choice. After looking at the fisher and the reviews both good and bad I think I may go ahead with it. Any thoughts folks??

Answers alot of questions on the black seal and not red then. Probably more shocked you did research and had your cards right when you layed them down. As fas as the Fisher I know folks that have it and they like it, I think Guzzi just got one and are posting finds on it you might want to send him a PM and asked his personal opinion. I don't rememeber if he was with a minelab water machine or whites before it, but he has been doing it for a while and probably be one of the best to ask for personal advise. I hope you find lots of treasure with what ever you buy and I hope it gives you many wonderful digs of shiney stuff :)

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yeah I was reading reviews and posts from cz users. I ordered it and should have it before the weekend the BHID is back on the UPS truck and the dealer made me a really good deal on the cz for my troubles, so all is right in my world again if....the new one comes in and works.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

txkickergirl said:
yeah I was reading reviews and posts from cz users. I ordered it and should have it before the weekend the BHID is back on the UPS truck and the dealer made me a really good deal on the cz for my troubles, so all is right in my world again if....the new one comes in and works.

Good you deserved it and it was the right thing to do also with you. Look forward to your learning and your finds with it

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had the Whites Beach Hunter ID and the battery compartment leaked on me on two separate occasions, I sent it into Whites they repaired it under warranty and I then traded it in on a new Minelab Sovereign GT.

The floating coil did not bother me, some put a small bean bag on the coil to hold it down, but for me was not a problem....

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

CONGRATs !! Your gonna love the Cz 21 ,I just got one couple weeks ago. its has a very sensitive coil. So remember to turn the ses down going into surf all the way to 3 , on land or beach you can run it a little higher in the wet sand run it about 6 .. Don't worry about depth you won't lose any. I'm going down 10 inches or better on that setting.. i also own a Cz 20 , and I'm Very pleased with Both MDS. Best of luck and your gonna get the Loot ....... Guzz :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the cz-21 in took it out Friday. 1hr kayak trip through a heavy storm, got to the place hit the water with it loved it. An hour into it, it stopped pinpointer and wouldn't sound off right. I thought ok it came with batteries installed must of not been a full charge of batteries, but I am prepared I thought ahead and brought extra batteries. I go to open the batter compartment, which you use a coin to unscrew and it has a huge white tag that says do not over tighten. I take a penny and can't undo the screws. My brother tries it and bends the penny..no joke At this point I am thinking why and how could anyone tighten it that tight. So it took a tire tool with an edge like a screw driver to undo the screws. I open it up and water was inside. I am cussing at no end at this point. My brother starts looking the unit over. Around the cords is an epoxy type glue, that does no look factory put. The whites had this too but I just thought it was something they did to water machines. The top of the machine has a little discolor to it like a little fading and I pointed that out when I took it out of the box. Thought oh well maybe it just looks that way. Long story short I now think both units sold to me are refurbished. All I did was remove it from the box, turn it on and noticed it had batteries, did the battery check and it showed full. Then out I went into the water detecting. I am so po'd because I got to hunt all of 1hour on an 8 hour trip I took, the rest of the time I got to hold the sand scoop for my brother while he detected. My brother felt really bad for me and let me use his excal for a while. Come tomorrow this dealer is getting this machine back and I am getting my money back and I am going to buy through Kellyco. At least from them I know the machine will be brand new. I have no doubt this guy is selling these machines as new and they are not.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
WWOOO girl Now I'm mad, who was this dealer if you havent mentioned his name mention it now, AND OFTEN.n I havent had a single prob from kellyco (im sure some have no ones perfect) The one thing I had to return wasent there fault but the helped me get it to the manufacture anyway.
Let us know his name and email, this is a big sight and I think we'd all like to talk to him, especially if hes selling refurbished equipment as new. (probaly agienst the law)

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe its not refurbished but something is way off with the 2 machines I got and that is all I can think of. I didn't want to mention the dealer before because I figured one machine bad...ok stuff happens and he was understanding and I sent it back. Two machines now different brands...um something is funny, neither box was sealed they had been opened, but I thought ok they check the machines before sending out and put batteries in them for you. Ummm now not so sure what to think
The dealer is ----Clevengers

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I have bought 3 or 4 detectors from Chuck Clevenger and not had a problem.But I only live 100 mi from him so I always just go up to see him.His personality on the phone is not always what it should be but in person,he's fine and once he gets to know you he's a great guy.Many,many people in the KC area deal with him.I'm sure he will do what's right.Let us know what the outcome is.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't had a phone problem with him in fact I like the guy, he is the one that recommended that if I was returning the bhid and going up in price then go to the cz cause it is a great machine and what he uses. He seems like a super nice guy. He had said he had just got the bhid from the distributor so maybe the cz is the same and the problems lies where he is getting the machines at. As nice of a guy as he is and I am sure he will make it right, I can't honestly buy from him again nor can I recommend him to anyone else. Which is a shame cause my brother is about to buy another detector and we started a club here recently and there are about 30 of us here in the RGV that has to buy online because we have no dealers close to us.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I can understand where you are coming from and honestly I cannot blame you with the results you have suffered with.I know Clevenger goes to Spain every year with a group of KC people and they find enough on the beach and surf to more than pay for thier trip,so he may well use the CZ and the problem may well be with the distributor.Anyway,hope you get it resolved soon and have some great hunts.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would be a lil po'd myself... I am so sorry your vacation got messed up from this.. I hope you get it resolved and get all your monies back as well.. right is right..and this was just wrong sending out refurbished ones.. best of luck and keep on smiling and digging.. theres still plenty of us ole honest folks left..

HH
booty

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I don't know the man WSD, but I respect you and your opinion. Personally I just feel him being a dealer and around like you said he should of known that Beach Hunter had a recall on them for that black seal and known for failure. They had upgraded them to red over 18 months ago. I knew that just by reading on them at the Whites website before I purchased one.

There is no epoxy or silicone on any of my water machines. Do you know of a distributor that would put batteries actually in a machine not knowing how long it would be on shelf?

I guess we wait and see tomorrow on how he treats his customers who are unsatisfied with his service and product.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke to the dealer, he was again super nice about it. I asked him if he put the batteries in it, he said no they come in to him that way. He offered to do a call back to Fisher for me, I told him I had already sent it back UPS to him. So he is going to be refunding my money. I think I am going to rethink the water machines a bit more before I order my next one. The dealer did laugh and tell me not to buy any lottery tickets for awhile, until my luck improves. The dealer again is just nice as can be, I hope its just a run of bad luck on his end with the detectors he got in stock, cause he also told me he had problems with a tiger shark as well that he just sold but that the guy caught the wire being loose from the phones before it went in the water.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
txkickergirl said:
Spoke to the dealer, he was again super nice about it. I asked him if he put the batteries in it, he said no they come in to him that way. He offered to do a call back to Fisher for me, I told him I had already sent it back UPS to him. So he is going to be refunding my money. I think I am going to rethink the water machines a bit more before I order my next one. The dealer did laugh and tell me not to buy any lottery tickets for awhile, until my luck improves. The dealer again is just nice as can be, I hope its just a run of bad luck on his end with the detectors he got in stock, cause he also told me he had problems with a tiger shark as well that he just sold but that the guy caught the wire being loose from the phones before it went in the water.

well you and your famly ever my way here in florida stop in and borrow mine. I will be crossing Laredo also in late October going into Mexico for a month or so if you live there. Your welcome to borrow it while I am in country working.

Like a man also that backs what he sells so I think highly of him to refund your money. Enought to buy a product from him probably not but at least he is honest.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a few hours east of laredo in Mcallen, I got a plane ticket fund going right now cause I want to go to FL to detect one day. So you might very well hear from me one day heading your way.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had the same frustrating experience with my DetectorPro PI. :'( The first time out, I put my head under in the surf, and my headphones flooded in seconds. BOTH SIDES! It was a horrible experience. They said I must have dropped it. >:( I treated it like a baby. It was brand new. After sending it back to the factory 2x they finally replaced the electronics under warranty so I can beach hunt. I still cannot go underwater with my "underwater" HH PI Unit.

But the coil does not float and is no problem underwater. With all the electronics in the headphones, I can still hunt the surf.... I just need to keep my head above water, lol...and watch out for big waves.

BTW the DetectorPro PI Unit seals are now upgraded. I have the old seals. I didnt know when I bought it new, almost 2 years ago. I guess that is why I got it on sale new for $400.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
txkickergirl said:
I am a few hours east of laredo in Mcallen, I got a plane ticket fund going right now cause I want to go to FL to detect one day. So you might very well hear from me one day heading your way.

you all are welcome in the sunshine state anytime :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread