txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hard time deciding on the pi or the beachhunter. I went with the beachhunter got it Thurs. took it out Friday for about 15minutes walked into the surf a little above knee deep, waves hit me, decided that I would go back in around ankle deep until I got the machine down. Well it started acting crazy, static, and I turned it off turned it back on nothing but a buz. I went over to the chair, undid it out of the yellow case and guess what? I had water drops inside the housing. EXCUSE ME BRAND NEW MACHINE...BRAND NEW WATER MACHINE. What the heck??? I have to tell you I cried, because I planned this whole detecting trip for the weekend, spent $150 a night on a hotel, and within 15 minutes it was ruined. I could not even bring myself to go back down to the beach after that cause all I keep seeing was all the metal detecting I was missing. I usually drag a couple machines with me and only use one. This time I only brought the BHID so that I would make myself learn it and look what happend

I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and getting things straight, the thing is after this mess I don't know if I even want a Beachhunter anymore, maybe a PI, or perhaps not a Whites at all. I will tell you this I did not like the whole coil floating thing on it to begin with. Has anyone else had this problem with the beach hunter? Is the pi better? Is it sealed because honestly after seeing the housing unit on the beach hunter held together by screws I am not so certain I trust that. I think I want something that I know is completely sealed, maybe I will be getting the excal after all.

Cost of new detector----------678
Hotel Room 2nights-----------320
Gas to get there and back --- 80
New batteries at resort shop(just to be sure it wasn't the batteries-------12

Finds before detector fried----2 pieces of rusty iron, and 1 bottle cap

Box of Klenexx to cry into----Priceless

Upvote 0

yukonbob

Apr 27, 2008
New Port Richey, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300
Re: NEW MACHINE ---ANTICIPATION----TRIP---and Kaboom the ending

That is a bummer!
Man, I just bought four BHID's from KellyCo less than two months ago and they all have black seals! ???

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I'd def mention this post so he knows folks (customers) are watching, and then I bet he will get real proactive with his supplier. Might get Treasure net a pug also

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bobt63 said:
That is a bummer!
Man, I just bought four BHID's from KellyCo less than two months ago and they all have black seals! ???

oh no!!!!!!!!!! its not a matter if they will leak its a matter of when they will leak. I would talk to Whites they should replace them with the red seals. I wouldn't think any dealer would be carrying the black ones since they know there is a problem with them.

yukonbob

Apr 27, 2008
New Port Richey, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300

txkickergirl said:
bobt63 said:
That is a bummer!

oh no!!!!!!!!!! its not a matter if they will leak its a matter of when they will leak. I would talk to Whites they should replace them with the red seals. I wouldn't think any dealer would be carrying the black ones since they know there is a problem with them.

Ooops! I do have the red seals. I just got them back today after having the 12" coils put on and happened to check again. Maybe White's replaced them all while they were there or I was mistaken. I'm all set now anyway. I didn't care for the floating coils I had on them.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bobt63 said:
txkickergirl said:
bobt63 said:
That is a bummer!

Ooops! I do have the red seals. I just got them back today after having the 12" coils put on and happened to check again. Maybe White's replaced them all while they were there or I was mistaken. I'm all set now anyway. I didn't care for the floating coils I had on them.

I bought my first beachhunter ID from them quite a while before you did and I had the correct gasket. That is why I was surprised in reading your post.

yukonbob

Apr 27, 2008
New Port Richey, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300

I bought my first beachhunter ID from them quite a while before you did and I had the correct gasket. That is why I was surprised in reading your post.
[/quote]

Yeah I probably was mistaken. My Mom agreed with me and she thought they were black too but my brother said his was red. So I'll go with my brother since he probably has a better memory. jk Mom :wink: I was probably thinking of the battery plug anyway. The machines had been gone for a couple of weeks to the factory. I just tested it in my yard I can't wait to hit the beach tomorrow. I did discover that when my home was built they threw all of the beer cans in my front yard and covered them with sod. :D

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Yeah I probably was mistaken. My Mom agreed with me and she thought they were black too but my brother said his was red. So I'll go with my brother since he probably has a better memory. jk Mom :wink:

OK, YukonBob, I'll remember that (well, maybe not) - just don't let me get lost on the beach with my metal detector
Signed
MOM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread