NEW MACHINE--ANTICIPATION--TRIP--and Kaboom the ending*machine 2 fried also
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

NEW MACHINE--ANTICIPATION--TRIP--and Kaboom the ending*machine 2 fried also

I had a hard time deciding on the pi or the beachhunter. I went with the beachhunter got it Thurs. took it out Friday for about 15minutes walked into the surf a little above knee deep, waves hit me, decided that I would go back in around ankle deep until I got the machine down. Well it started acting crazy, static, and I turned it off turned it back on nothing but a buz. I went over to the chair, undid it out of the yellow case and guess what? I had water drops inside the housing. EXCUSE ME BRAND NEW MACHINE...BRAND NEW WATER MACHINE. What the heck I have to tell you I cried, because I planned this whole detecting trip for the weekend, spent $150 a night on a hotel, and within 15 minutes it was ruined. I could not even bring myself to go back down to the beach after that cause all I keep seeing was all the metal detecting I was missing. I usually drag a couple machines with me and only use one. This time I only brought the BHID so that I would make myself learn it and look what happend

I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and getting things straight, the thing is after this mess I don't know if I even want a Beachhunter anymore, maybe a PI, or perhaps not a Whites at all. I will tell you this I did not like the whole coil floating thing on it to begin with. Has anyone else had this problem with the beach hunter? Is the pi better? Is it sealed because honestly after seeing the housing unit on the beach hunter held together by screws I am not so certain I trust that. I think I want something that I know is completely sealed, maybe I will be getting the excal after all.

Cost of new detector----------678
    Hotel Room 2nights-----------320
    Gas to get there and back --- 80
    New batteries at resort shop(just to be sure it wasn't the batteries-------12

Finds before detector fried----2 pieces of rusty iron, and 1 bottle cap

Box of Klenexx to cry into----Priceless

Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    wolf pack!!!

Sep 2006
    Texas
    Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
    77 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: NEW MACHINE ---ANTICIPATION----TRIP---and Kaboom the ending

What A Night mare Txkicker, I would of packed up and went home After a good cussin and crying. My trip to the beach early this month was a washout also, found 3 pennies
    Leave no stone unturned.

Aug 2006
    Tesoro Bandito II uMax

Sorry for your misfortune. That stinks bigtime. Sadly water machines are expensive and yet I read of these types of disasters all the time. I don't understand that as big as this market is, there are not ,more choices of machines that are rugged and dependable. It seems like with water machines it is a "big find" if you get a dependable machine.

us
    Dec 2007
    Ft. Laud. Fl
    Excal. II
    1 times

What can anyone say to that experience.

If you were in S. Florida I could loan you mine.

I would be sick.

us

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    22 times
    Banner Finds (2)

thanks guys you know I could understand if I had the machine for a while and banged it around or misused it but come on right out of the box. I couldn't pack up and go, but how I wished I could of. But part of the trip was that while I was suppose to be pounding the beach detecting, hubby was off on a deep sea fishing trip. He had it rough seas 8-10ft 30 miles out. But he was like one of the only ones that didn't get seasick and he ended up catching some nice snapper that he cooked up tonight for dinner. FYI for you cooks trying soaking the snapper in amaretto and sprinke with pepper then sear...man it is good! He did this by accident, he thought the amaretto was a type of wine I had. You gotta try it
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    Nov 2007
    Sarasota
    Equinox 800
    10 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

I feel your pain ,, how frustrating , Check out SANDSHARK If your looking for a reliable deep hunting PI NO PROBLEMS EVER LIFETIME WARRANTY ,,I have one and I have NEVER had a problem with it ... I have own whites PI SURFMASTER ,Very good Never had a problem it either . I prefer the Sanshark with the 10 inch coil, Stays down in the mine . And the Sandshark Go's deep. Good luck and enjoy that snapper tonight. Guzz1

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    7155 times

Hey Girl,
    Sorry to hear about your trip.

If you paid almost $700 for your machine, I recommend getting either a used Excalibur or 1280X (if you can get your money back). I prefer the Minelab Excalibur. I had my first generation model for a little over ten years, and it NEVER gave me a problem. Have a newer one, that is the same (had it about a year now).

Best-Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

us

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    22 times
    Banner Finds (2)

yeah I am thinking about the excal I have used one before, but thought I would give the whites a try but not so sure now
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

May 2008
    11 times

If your anywhere near St. Pete Fl. you could rent a water detector at Bill Jacksons on US 19 and salvage
    some of your trip - Cavedweller

us
    Sep 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    -------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite Tesoro Bandido UMax White's Blue Grey
    31 times

I have not used a Whites water machine in several years but unless the battery compartment hinges have changed, they had to be put on with equal pressure together or the seal could mess up.

I would take or send that machine back asap and see if they will entertain a swap or refund. You have to get tough and tell them what you want to do.

Whatever you decide, good luck. Sorry for your trouble. It is bad enough to havr=e any machine go down but on your first outing is really double hard.

Like was said, come over here to the west coast of Fl. and we will treat you to a hunt.

DaChief
    An undisciplined hunter with a highly capable machine will miss many more targets than a disciplined hunter with a limited machine.

us

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    22 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I know it wasn't the battery compartment because that was completley dry, I just can't help but wonder if somehow I was sent a refurbished one now and they said it was new. The reason why is someone mention that they have red seals this one has a black seal on it. One thing for sure if I do swap it for another one it will be the 300 with the weighted coil. I was already asking myself why I didn't get that one before the thing went hazy and already thinking of ways to weigh it down. I really didn't believe that a water machine coil would float like this, since I have used machines with waterproof coils in the surf and the coils didn't float. Maybe I will just get the dual pi now since I am leary of the beachhunter.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    Mar 2008
    NYC
    E-Trac, Fisher CZ-21
    2 times

Txkickergirl, I'm very sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine the excitement and planning that went into the trip. I have been researching since early spring on water machines. Ive went back and forth so many times it would make your head spin. Seems like the few machines that are out there all have there problems. Look at Flbill going though 3 new excals and then called it quits and got a whites. Your thinking of going the other direction The machine i chose came down to what i felt i wanted and not the raves about certin machines. Ease of use, customer support and lifetime warranty. I'll trade that for 2in of depth any day. Good luck to you.

@)}~~~}}~~~~

us
    Jan 2008
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
    5 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That is too bad I went through three ex cals ll's and they were bad after losing two weeks I decided to buy the beachhunter300. Believe it or not the first one I got was bad. At this point I was ready to just take up golf.
    I received another one and made a three hour run with it and it appears to be great so far.

It should have the red gasket, they had problems with the black gaskets leaking and I even think that they requested they be sent back and the gasket would be changed.

I would definitely find out why you received one at this time with a black gasket, that shouldn't be if they said you were receiving a new one.

Hope everything turns out good for you...
    <br />http://www.greyareagraphics.com

us
    May 2008
    Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250

I would have been furious...

us

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    22 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I will have to give you all an update once I talk to the dealer tomorrow. I did talk to whites and am waiting for an email back, they asked for my serial number so they could tell me when the machine was made. I am going to be one super upset camper if I find out the machine is a couple years old and had been sitting on a shelf or worse that it was a display, demo, or some crap like that and that it was sold as new. I am one of the most honest people you will meet. I once forgot to pay for a 78cents gallon of bleach that was under my cart at walmart. I walked all the way back into the store and gave it back to them. I know its naive, but I just seem to take everyone at face value and believe all the good that everyone is honest and fair. Guess we shall see.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links