Late Sunday Night Hunt

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Aloha fellow pirates, after the sun went down.... and so did my dinner...i had a cup of joe and kissed my wife bye then headed out into the night to give a few beaches in front of our resorts the fine tooth comb treatment.
First thing to say is,"what kinda person leaves sparklers in the sand after they go?" I am not at all upset taking the time that i did finding and removing the dozens and dozens of those sharp pointed metal spikes from in the sand ...i just have to think about each person, kid or adult, that will not have to pull a metal spike from the part of thier body that would have been impailed.Found about 70 or so of them along 2 beaches tonight.The evenings hunt, which i enjoyed from about 8:30 pm till around 12:30am... meandering along ,my trusty head lamp on my bean, lighting the way.Was a nice star lite night , with a low tide to boot!Only met 2 people the whole time and they just waved as they appeared from the dark.. then disappered into the same.

hers the total of my haul for the night:70 sparklers

32 beer caps
3 pull tabs
3 paper clips
2 pieces of a cabana
1 zipper
1 AA battery
1 mini bacardi bottle/with lid
1 lid/no bottle
1 chunk of tin foil
1 screw
1 metal button backing
CLAD
14 pennies
5 quarters
5 dimes
4 nickels

Upvote 0

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Yes I can relate to those pesky metal rods. I also found a ring similar to your fake diamond this weekend. It scanned in as a screwcap which on my M6 usually means penny. It is very light weight and the metal looks like copper or titanium as it matches the titanium frame on my eye glasses. I haven't had it tested yet but I am leaning to it being fake as I see yours is a close match. No other markings on the band. Thanks for sharing.
HH Roy

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
It looks like you work as hard as me when you hunt It's to bad people leave that kind of dangerous junk
for other people to find the hard way, I've said this before " It's not America the Beautiful any more
It's America the trash can " Really Sad - Thank You for getting rid of the Trash that someone else should have and I hope the next two rings are real for you - Cavedweller

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey brudda, glad you helping keep Maui beaches clean!! :icon_pirat: Nice find even if it is just bling! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread