Michigan MDer drowns

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, remember, if you can't swim and plan on going INTO the water..look like a nerd and wear a life vest. It would save a lot of heartache. Doesn't say what the cause was....heart attack??? or just went into a hole.

gmsparky

Aug 14, 2007
metro detroit
Detector(s) used
dfx, m6, prizm III
it is pretty strange, the man was only 39 years old, a 1st gulf war vet. he was in only 3 to 4 feet of water at the time. a very active member of the Michigan Treasures Hunters Club. read that he was an all around good guy too. very sad

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. There is more on the same topic at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,167059.0.html

It is very sad that someone dies at such a young age. I believe his family was there at the beach with him.

Everybody just be careful out there.

There are self inflatable vests out there. They don't cost much when you look at the fact that it may save your life if it is needed.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An they are very small, They have some out there that look like a hip bag, All you do is pull a cord. COTTON

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Tom Weaver once at a Michigan Treasure Hunters picnic which I crashed as I am not a member. My job doesn't allow me to be a member of any clubs. Tom will surely be missed by many people that knew this great guy.

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Very sad to hear this, I'VE HAD TO TELL FRIENDS AND KIN ALIKE IF YOU WANT TO HUNT WITH ME YOU
DON'T WEAR Waders. SORRY! i ONLY GUESS THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN
that's WHY i GOT AND WEAR A sTOHLQUIST b-pod, Drysuit,while looting Chicago.
air temps are 90 and water is 64 I still wear my B-POD, that's why I can stay in for hours on end.
Lord be with him.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It is sad when something like this happens..Did any one find out what caused him to drown did he get tangled up in any thing ? Or a poison water snake bite him ??

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear that thoughts and prayers toward the family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread