FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Casperson Beach in Venice today, but the surf was pretty rough making it hard to hunt. I was in chest deep water but had to move in a little couldn't stay on the target without getting knocked off.

The beachhunter 300 ran smoothly for a solid eight hours in the water. I was beat after that. I never dug so many sinkers. You would think this is more of a fishing spot than swimming but it isn't.

Almost gave up on the bracelet man was it down there as you can tell fromthe condition, but it cleaned up pretty good. Says made in Italy 925. Like everyone else has been saying things appear to be slow right now, but you can tell from all the junk I was digging everything. At least this beach wasn't sanded in.

The cross was real deep also but appears to be junk metal....

Attachments

• Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 277
  • Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice 925 BILL.. I went with cotton up to desoto park ,, I busted Frankin scoop hour in so I was done . We were suppose to hook up with treasure digger Glenn from NY THAT got all screwd up.. I found one peace of junk ,,, thats it , and didn't get to hang with Buddy before he leaves tomorrow Not a Good day at all........... Guzz1

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill....the wife and I were at Venice public beach and Service Club Park. The water wasn't too rough. Our finds were about the same as yours,nothing to get excited about. From a distance it looked like the bacteria alert must have been lifted,we say people in the water by the pier....rdi

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guzz, im glad he is on his way back. I miss haveing my hunting buddy :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread