FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And enough left over to pay for another !

The wife and I went to the mall today and although I didn't get a written appraisal we did go into three different jewelry stores. It is a real blue sapphire 14 k and although I thought it was a mans ring they are saying woman's. Maybe that's why I can't get it off of my wife's finger since I brought it home.

Now to the good news the average from all three stores we went into came out to a value between $1,800.00 and $2,200.00! I am a happy camper....

see the original post here

Attachments

• best one.jpg
    best one.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7,211
  • thgrghjyjnyy.jpg
    thgrghjyjnyy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 7,197
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes, FL Bill! Quite the ring and, yeah, I'd be wearing it too. WTG! :thumbsup:

HH

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I made the BANNER! Awesome, I didn't think any of us Florida boys would ever make that. I feel honored to share the banner with such awesome finds....

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats for this beauty and congrats for The BANNER :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful ring! Congrats!!!! I bet your wife is doing the happy dance. ;D

:wink: RR

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, congrats on that ring . . .and the Banner :thumbsup:. . . you might want to try a little soap & water
for getting that ring "un-stuck" from your wife's finger ;D

Take care,
watercolor

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Hey Bill, Thanks for the reply. I like to know if any of the beaches are moving or cutting.It
would be nice to see the troughs deepen and some shell and rock start showing.HH Joe

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Nice find, no I take that back,GREAT FIND. Gonna be hard to beat a find like that.

Just one question, did anyone report a ring like that missing in the area? Just kind of curious.
I usually try to return rings I have found. I guess the two oldest rings I have returned were to guys
70 years old. One lost his mothers wedding ring when he was 8 yrs. old and I found it at an old one room school house that had been torn down and is now a field. I returned it to the guy and he was 78 years young.
The other ring I found belonged to a fellow how lost his class ring in 1946, I found it in a lake close to where I live and returned it to him, after much research. He lives in Ft.Myers Fla. now. He wears it around his neck now and tells the story of how it was found to anyone who will listen.

Of course I have returned rings to the owners and they could have cared less about my returning it. One lady opened the door of her house, grabbed the ring and slammed the door in my face. Another guy told me thanks and then sort of said get lost cause his wife didn't know he had lost the ring. I guess it was because he and his wife never went swimming together. MMMMMMMMM wonder who he was with when he lost the ring.

Sorry to rattle on, these are just a few of my stories, as I have many after detecting for over 23 years.

Again, Congrats on finding that really nice ring.

HH<Ringfinder

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
unless i get a better detector and find better places to look, and put more time into detecting, I'll never be on the banner. :'(

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
davest said:
great looking ring, where can you sell it? I've been trying to unload a 1/3 karat diamond with 16 small ones in 14K for the last 6 months, I've been offered 35.00 from a jeweler and 55.00 from a pawn shop, I just don't have the time to ebay or sit around waitin for someone from craigslist to call.
That's the whole deal with "appraisals". They will tell you it is worth $1800 to $2000 because that is what they will sell it for with their 500% + markup. In the real world, you'd be lucky to break $350-400. Nice ring anyhow.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
beautiiful find --- but the "point" of appraisals is spot on -- it for "insurance" reasons ---and is their "asking" price for a item like that should they sell it to you -- (its their high end haggling point) --- now if their buying its a whole differant matter-- they go buy gold weight and % anf forget the stone exist as far as they care. so about 1/5 or so of of their "estimate" is about right --say $400 on a 2 grand ring would be their "offer" to buy --its a racket jewelry --but theres no doubt that you made a great find --I'd be proud as heck to have find a ring like that one -- having a feeling your wifes got it for life, :wink:--- nice ring

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
beautiiful find --- but the "point" of appraisals is spot on -- it for "insurance" reasons ---and is their "asking" price for a item like that should they sell it to you -- (its their high end haggling point) --- now if their buying its a whole differant matter-- they go buy gold weight and % anf forget the stone exist as far as they care. so about 1/5 or so of of their "estimate" is about right --say $400 on a 2 grand ring would be their "offer" to buy --its a racket jewelry --but theres no doubt that you made a great find --I'd be proud as heck to have find a ring like that one -- having a feeling your wifes got it for life, :wink:--- nice ring

yes unless I take a Axe to her finger I think it is lost once again, and I agree with you guys on the value, and like I have said it may appraise at a certain price, however it is only worth that if you find someone willing to pay that much, which would be unlikey....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh I wouldn't say the ring was " re lost" think of it as "invested" instead. ---LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread