Has anyone tried the Beach Magnet detector by Cobra?

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)checked ups-supposed to get the new one thisFriday-Im using it this weekend-I will let ya know how it turns out!!!

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)sorry my reply took so long....I ordered the Beach Magnet from Kellyco--when I got it,it took me all of 15 minutex to decide to send it back.Its made in China;VERY low quality.It would be allright for a child or a beginner,I guess.So,I sent it back for a Fisher 1280 x water detector-lifetime warranty,waterproof to 250 feet,paid $599.95 with a bunch of free stuff-I will only be using it in fresh water,so it should do the trick. 8)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I have the beach magnet and it seems to work fine, I even threw it off a dock and it survived :) The headphones are waterproof like it says. and i found coins and stuff underwater. I havent teested it yet in saltwater but im guessing it will be good there too.

scoutingbear

Jun 28, 2005
Thanks Steve for the input. I figured it might be a bit too little for what I wanted.

I ended up not going with a full water machine as I already have an Excalibur and this would be a backup to that. I ended up getting an Elite on ebay, new, out of box, full warrenty, for $360 including shipping. It works great and is a lot like the Ecalibur so learning curve is less. I can not go too deep with it but the coil is waterproof so I can use it along the water line. I will be looking at making it a bit more water resistant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread