Never returne to the scene of the find!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll

Attachments

• ring owner.jpg
    ring owner.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 683
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good deed done, good karma comming your way too.. thanks for being honest.. good job :thumbsup:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say the same.

But, you will feel better later that you did it. You will be rewarded in time. There are always better things to find.

I know you made them very happy. :thumbsup:

Did they offer you something? At least the gas money to go home to get it.

Next time don't return to the scene of the find....at least for a few days. ::)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome job! Glad you got a pic too! Thanks for being such a great guy and giving detectorists a good name!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have displayed great integrity...well done. There is no softer pillow than a clear conscience (ancient Chinese proverb).

HH!
TBGO

MikeDahms

Jun 25, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I feel for you, I know how much excitement is involved in finding gold. I'm not at all sure it can be replaced by a smile and a thank you. I have found lots of rings and only returned one to the owner. I am certain I returned it to the real owner and he nearly grabbed it out of my hand and mumbled something as he walked away. I'm not sure if it was "thank you" or "stupid" that he mumbled but I know what I felt like. At least your people hung out and got a picture and seem very happy for your help. Take pride in having done the right thing and remember what you would have felt like if you had told the young woman that you hadn't found her husband's ring. The really good news is you will find more. HH and best to you, Mike.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at least you made their day...aa

F

Felinepeachy

Just think how proud God is of you. You're storing up your treasures in heaven. :thumbsup:

gottahunt

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
You did the right thing. It's just a gold ring to most people but it's something that has a lot of meaning to the true owner.

2bit4reale

Nov 27, 2004
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II SL, Whites Treasuremaster PI 3000, Whites Surfmaster PI Pro
Ditto what mumszie said. WTG! Good things are sure to come your way :thumbsup:

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I concur with all of the others that you did the right thing and congratulations. You will find more rings and some you will be able to keep. You sure put a smile on their faces and I am sure you also felt good inside.
HH.
Roy

beachbuzzard

Greenie
Jul 22, 2008
yes, you really do have a good heart. I can see by the picture you really did make thier day. It really is irreplacable, and I know how I would feel if my fiancee would lose her ring. Then have someone give it back? Unbelievable.

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
Congrats on doing the "right thing". I would have done the same. Giving others happiness is the greater treasure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
back at you 10 fold,good going. i found a class ring on a beach in STthomas contacted the school MSU,they found the guy he me a call and BAM i sent him his ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread