P7241842.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Re: WENT FOR MORNING SPIN CLAD CLAD CLAD

Boy that is a lot of clad. I am never sure what you guys mean about the wet sand. There is an area where the water once was but does not touch now as the tide is going out. Then there is an area where the water is washing up and over your coil as you hunt. People always say I found it in the wet sand but which? **sigh** So much to learn.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, it is all called the wet sand. I like to start at the edge from the dry to the wet swing your coil and walk down a ways then I turn around and head into the area where you are saying the waves are coming up and over your coil.

Thats why it is good to get there a few hours before low tide and hunt the wet sand as the tide goes out.

I never really cared for the wet but have started to search it do to rough water and have to admit I have found three rings there...

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Theres a lot Of good loot there in the wet sand that either has been there for along time or sometimes it just washes up . If you time it right you can get the loot that's been there a while before it gets covered up again .. a very successful beach and water hunter told me that the sand Changes Hourly ,,and I believe that is true.. its all in the timing ,,, and luck..and knowing where to hunt ,,, Guzz

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

It wouldn't hurt to try Pockets ... Right now I have no choice ... My water hunter is sitting at first texas getting Fixed bad coil or coil wire verdict not in yet ... guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

Thanks Nick,,,,,, guzz

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

remember if folks go in to the water at high tide and lose stuff in waist deep to chest high water (say 3 to 5 feet deep ) that when the tide goes out that is the wet sand area is at --where the water used to be at during high tide---so go there about a hour before low tide to get the "bottom" dead low tide or maximum amount of beach to hunt before the tide turns into incoming tide covering the wet sand area back up again . ---an ideal 3 hour hunt would be say 2 hours before on the dropping tide to 1 hour on the up swingingtide --thats the prime time --- ;D Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread