Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I'm new to this site but have been water detecting fresh water lake beaches for a couple years.I've found a lot of neat stuff,but yesterday was a first.While in chest deep water I came up with a silver & turquoise earring.Later while doing the sand,I dug a silver & turquoise earring in the vollyball area.Yup,a matching set.The wife took control of them as soon as I showed her what I'd found.Good luck to all in your searches.
Waterbug

Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing your finds! If you need anything, just shoot me a PM I'd be glad to help, or you can post a question, there are lots of talented folks here who would love to be of assistance! Good hunting! omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
W

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome.
Dan,I'm in central Iowa.
Did another lake beach early this am.No gold this time,but did manage to recover 26 coins,3 silver rings,a silver Italian bracelet and a pair of prescription glasses(put ad in local paper Lost & Found for the glasses).Only a few coins in the sand.
Our weekend is to be HOT here,in the 90s again,so there should be a lot of people going to the beaches. Monday am !!!!!!
I'm having problems with the pc right now and can't get pics on.When it gets fixed,I'll have many to show.
Waterbug

scoutingbear

Jun 28, 2005
Welcome to the forum.

Something similar happened to me. I found one earing, then the other one a few paces away. While showing them to someone later in the day, I must have dropped one because when I got home, there was only one. Spent 4 hours the next day trying to retrace my steps with no luck. Three weeks later, I get a faint signal, dig it and yes, it was the missing earing.

I am looking forward to a lake hunt in the next few weeks. We have very very few lakes that you can swim in here in So. Cal. Working a lake has got to be easier than fighting the waves.

bullFL

Mar 2, 2005
Clearwater Beach Area FL
:D

While detecting in the surf at Clearwater beach, a young lady told me she had lost her ear ring in the water and the area she lost it in. Then she reaches up takes her other one out of her ear and throws it in the water!!!! She then tells me that if she looses an ear ring she always throws the matching ear ring away!!! Now you have 2 gold ear rings to find, she said with a smile and a wink as she turned and walked away. I found one out of the set will keep looking for the other one.
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread