Get ready gulf coast hunters! II

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
As hurricane Dennis chugs up though the gulf, it will stir up some high surf and make for some great beach hunting! Be careful out there! See you at the beach!

205500F120_sm.gif

Good Hunting! BE SAFE!!! omnicognic 8)

Upvote 0
W

wcfl

This is looking better.... uh, in a grim sort of way. I'll be there!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Just watched the latest update and our winds are gonna start kickin up here tomorrow! Definitly looks good to get some surfing and detecting in this weekend! Yahooooo!!!!!!!

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
omnicognic

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
The graphic above should update as Dennis progresses it's wind speed projection, and wind = waves =beach erosion = more beach finds! ;D

W

wcfl

With all the THer's in Clearwater/St. Pete area, it'll probably look like Spring Break. Hehe

This will be fun!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the lower keys are gonna get hammered! I hope that sucker heads west towards Mexico.If not everyone down here better hold on,cause it's gonna be a big one!Should make for some good hunting either way.GOOD LUCK!! 8) :o 8)-diggummup

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey there Omni! I'm jealous. I have been waiting since last year to hit a FL beach after a storm but as the sale of my business fell through in the last half hour of a seven month long closing, I did not get to retire yet. I was planning on giving you a call before I come, but you know how plans can fall apart. It's bound to happen sooner or later though.

Good luck after the storm. Keep us posted & be sure to keep your hat on. Too much glare on my screen. Spotz

PS Have you talked your aunt lately. I really would provide a good home for the goodies.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the latest hurricane track on Dennis this morning, it looks as though those of us on the east coast of Florida will get plenty of wind, rain and hopefully some beach erosion. This is Mother Nature?s way of fixing what we mess up. ?So you want to spend hundreds of Millions of dollars, and thousands of man hours putting dirt on the beach and calling it sand, meet Dennis?

HH
Q

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Man this sucks looks like everyone else is going to have all the fun while i am stuck at work.

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
Having lived in South Florida for over 25 yrs and then returning home to Biloxi, Ms., there is one major difference I have found in the beaches. In Florida, there is deep water very near the shoreline. This translates into a curling effect of the waves and as they strike the shore, the chew away at the sand beach and it takes a while to be re-nourished naturally.

In the Gulf however, the waters are very shallow for many miles out. This translates into a subtle pushing motion of the sand. This is greatly exaggerated during a storm! During TS Cindy, I saw white caps on the beach! Only a few hours later, knowing that the beach had been decimated, I returned only to find a higher and newly relocated "blanket" line. Found a few coins but they were very deep and few and far between. As the storm waned, the pushing motion of the waters added a lot of sand to the blanket area of the beach while the sand farther in was still missing plenty.

Maybe we will be able to get out before the "new' sand come in ;D. HH to all and STAY SAFE!!!

Wallycoz

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
You all are so lucky........ I would love to hunt the beached "post hurricane". My wish is to someday be down there in Florida and find a doubloon, clean it up, and put it around my neck...... :)

Best of luck to you all, I'll be watching here for posts

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread