Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow

Ah yesterday..... a disappointment for me there. I got up very early and drove 3-1/2 hours to attend that seminar on the 1715 fleet mainly because I wanted to take my coin over there and see if it was real or not.

SpanishCoinfront.jpg

Hence the disappointment. It is a fake. Oh well all was not lost. I met WreckDiver1715, Nudels and Ivan Salis there and that was great. I also learned a couple of things about the wrecks that I did not know.

From there I drove a little further north to have a short visit with my brother-in-law and his wife. The both MD also. He took me to Smyerna Beach (probably did not spell that right). Another disappointment. I got in the water and hunted for almost two hours and did not get one hit! NOT ONE! There were people there but I kept putting my coil to my scoop just to make sure it was working. Sheesh! Finally I decided I had a long drive back home so I better leave. I managed to find several bottle caps and a couple of pull tabs on my way back to my car. I got back home around 7 pm. It was a long day and full of disappointment but.... the one bright spot was getting to meet other T-neter's.

Today.... well I am wore out from yesterday so I did not go out hunting today. Just too darn tired.

Tomorrow.... watch out Well that is a brand new day and mumszie is going hunting. :wink:

Upvote 0

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow

Mumszie, We all have days like that. You also forgot that another great thing about THing is the fresh air and exercising! And you just know that next time will be better!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It was a pleasure meeting you mumzie! It's always a good thing meeting our fellow TreasureNet buds!

Tom

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

sucks that the coin was fake. Sounds like you had fun anyway! :)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mumzie, not to be stupid here, but what kinda fake, fake from that time frame... or new fake.. I thought the new fake ones had the word copy on em...so which fake is it..lol old fake or new fake boy is this confusing.

May 31, 2008
Lake City, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 II, Ace 250, Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1265-X, C&G Bobcat, Previously Garrett Groundhog and Bounty Hunter RB 10

Mumszie,

I was sorry to hear your coin was a copy. As much as you go detecting, you're bound to find a real one someday. You should try the areas north of Vero. They find Spanish silver there in approved areas, from time to time.

We all wish you the best here at Treasure Net. You are an asset to the site and to the hobby!

HH, Bob

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Not all fakes have the word "copy" on them. Guess they are hoping to pass them off as real to people like me. Heh heh

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

Mumszie:
I have one too! Who is planting those things? >:(
Oh well they are fun to find.

Dale

Attachments

• PDRM0010.JPG
    PDRM0010.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 345

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to hear that Mumszie about your coin, I have 4 of them myself, There is always the next time.But dont let the coin get away from ya hang on to it ,I always have one in my pocket for good luck or a good prank.....Cotton :tongue3:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Are you kidding Cotton? I keep mine in my lock box. No way would I carry it around and take a chance on losing it so someone else could find it. Heh heh heh. Like I said.... I still consider it to be one of my best finds. I never take my wedding rings off either but do I want you guys to find them some day.... nope - so I wear a glove on my left hand when I hunt. Or could that be because I am a Michael Jackson want to be? ::)

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT

I got one in my week in Vero also.I think there may be some pranksters out there saying "this will be fun".
Sure gets the blood flowing though.
Stuart

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet

What kind of metal are these fakes made of? Inquiring minds want to know.........

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Halfspeed, Most of them are made of led, So thats why i see people wearing the M,Jackson look. I was thinking it was a scoop thing (grip)

2bit4reale

Nov 27, 2004
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II SL, Whites Treasuremaster PI 3000, Whites Surfmaster PI Pro

Sorry to hear your coin turned out to be a fake mumszie, know that had to be a dissapointment. Sure is a nice looking keepsake though! Nice reminder of what could really be out there for us to find. As persistant as you are, gold is definately in your future! HH

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep,................. :tongue3:

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030

My son has a bunch of those coins. His came from a pirate game. He has a whole bag of them. Was the Beach you hunted New Smyrna?

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

real or not it is still great to find. I am afraid that if I had found one I would faint thinking it was real and with my luck drown myself. As it was just about everytime I found something good today, I would get popped by a jelly fish, and I had pants on they just weren't thick enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread