Low tide beach hunt gives me a diamond watch small diamond......

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Last night and this morning was the first time I hit the beach at low tide with my Tracker IV. I was determined to see how it worked in the wet sand because if I submerge the coil it just goes crazy no matter what and I have to let it dry out. Anyways back to the hunt.

I found a small amount of Clad, A Chicago Cubs Ball Marker, a toy airplane and A lady's watch with a very small diamond in it. My son was with me when we found the toy airplane and he was so happy to find it. It's funny what makes a kid so happy, He said it was his favorite find so far. He likes to dig the targets.

The cubs marker has a patent # on the back and I looked it up and that was how I found out what it was.
The tracker IV works great in the wet sand no problems at all. I think I should get the larger coil to cover more area at low tide because there is so much exposed beach, if anyone has any insight into the ten inch coil or if they think it will help just let me know. Here are the pics.

The whole pile of loot.
080708loot.jpg

The cubs marker up close.
chicago-cubs-ball-marker.jpg

The diamond watch up close.
diamond-watch.jpg

The wife likes this find and she has claimed it as hers.

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt and finds, nice watch :thumbsup: I used the Bounty Hunter 10" Magnum coil on my Fisher F2 but I didn't like it in the trashy park. I think it would do well as far as covering ground goes but I didn't notice a great depth increase over the stock 8" coil. I did find an 1820's-1830's flat button with it.
Good Luck,
Glenn

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds... nice on all of em... wtf for your wife, now ya can hunt any time ya want, long as ya share the finds..lol :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice watch ,, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Wtg.... Guzz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread