MAKE THAT-6 Gold today, 5 in one hole, Also 60 pennies in 1 hole!!

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
So I decided to try a beach on my own side of the island today, 30 minute drive instead of a 2 hour drive. Hunted for 6 hours, with big Sea turtles swimming right next to me most of the day. Started out the first target I got was 60 pennies in the same hole, scooping them out 2-3-4-8 at a time. I thought when I got to 50 it would be over, not til 60. After awhile I moved over to where there are some steps to get in the water, got a quiet signal and pulled out two dimes, after the hole had been dug and widened I kept getting signal after signal, all at least a foot deep. I pulled out a 14K girls ring, followed by a 10K toe ring, a couple of coins, then a 14K cross, then a 10K wedding band, and what I thought was a junk ring turned out to be a 14K ring, tarnished badly. Also a junk wedding band before the hole became silent. A short ways away, I dug a signal to see a nickle in my scoop, right next to it, about to fall through the holes, was a 14K Marijuana leaf earring. Dug a total of 112 coins. Also got a large gold-filled St Christopher medal on a stainless chain, and a junk turtle pendant. All of this was during high tide and hunting shoulder deep the whole day. Can't wait to get back at low tide. Aloha all, thanks for looking. finderzzs
UPDATE, IT WAS 5 IN ONE HOLE, TURNS OUT A 14K RING WAS TARNISHED SO BAD I THOUGHT IT WAS BRASS. TESTS GOOD FOR 14K.

Attachments

• 8-08-08-1.jpg
    8-08-08-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 834
  • 8-08-08-2.jpg
    8-08-08-2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 814
  • 7-24-2.jpg
    7-24-2.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 5 Gold today, 4 in one hole, Also 60 pennies in 1 hole!!

Damn, Thats what im talking about,Congrats...............Cotton :occasion14:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

WOW!!!!! speechless now thats some loot Guzz :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great scenery and excellent finds. Can't beat that ! Congrats on the very productive day. I dream of days like that. :thumbsup:

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf

I can't wait for Summer here...Great finds you made there :thumbsup:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the nice finds.    That's weird how things gather in an area.  I've only found 4 quarters and a few nickels all in the same hole.  OH, I forgot, at another spot I also found about 20 pull tabs in the same hole.  I'm still waiting for one with gold.

HH

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll

thats great,i bet there is more there...go get it !

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Well what next? I have to worry about manatees, sharks, jellyfish & stingrays and now... turtles? Heh heh heh I can't imagine them swiming all around me while hunting. The water looks beautiful where you are. I love your pictures. What a haul you made today. Perhaps you should hunt closer to home more often? WTG

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG my friend.Well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

:thumbsup: Now that's the perfect day! The only thing that could be better would be a 300 to 400 foot long coin and jewelry line!!!!!!
Happy Hunting

Desertfox

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds (and looks) like a fantastic day

HH
-GC

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome job as always

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

What an awesome day, congrats on all the good keepers.
Be safe and good luck out there buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

wow, that is what TH dreams are made of, way to go

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one great haul. You my friend have just found a 'honey hole'. Try to remember where it was located and go back there often. It seems that the tides and currents are piling the goodies all in one spot for you. Nice work. :thumbsup:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mat in MA said:
That is one great haul. You my friend have just found a 'honey hole'. Try to remember where it was located and go back there often. It seems that the tides and currents are piling the goodies all in one spot for you. Nice work. :thumbsup:

Mat in MA is right.

There was a book, I don't remember the name right now, that talked about these "honey holes." It mentioned that the hole will move little by little and to keep checking over several days. The theory being that as the hole (cut) moves it is at the gold level and that this is the area through sand movement, etc that gold has settled down to. It also talked about coins doing the same thing. I'm sure most beach hunters have noticed that sometimes there is a straight line parallel to the water of only coins. Sometimes this line can be long and there is a coin or pocket of coins every few feet. I realized this one night when hunting along the shore and shined a flashlight. I noticed that from the point where I started to where I was currently at made a completely straight line about 50 feet long. Evidence of where I had filled in my holes every few feet. That was after a storm had washed off a lot of sand on the east coast of Florida.

Just my observations.

HH

The turtle picture brings back fond memories of Kauai. Near the time share there were giant sea turtles feeding or something along the rocky edge.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Thanks to all of you for kind words, Yes Mumszie, there was a huge turtle next to me that at first freaked me out, can't imagine being next to a big 'Ol Manatee. Remember, I'm from S Fla. Seen 'em before, never had one next to me though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread