Need new detector

pondmn

Jul 1, 2003
Merced, Ca
Upvote 0

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
minelab excalibur great machine here in new york. also whites beach hunter I.D its half the price of excalibur and works almost just as well. i use it as a back up. i know what you mean about the explorer got rid of mine after a year and got a dfx. much simpler to use

OP
OP
P

pondmn

Jul 1, 2003
Merced, Ca
Metalman I agree on the Explorer II that it is very difficult to master even with Andy Sabich's book and the new minelab cd. I plan on selling it to finance a new detector that is a little easier to master. Have you used the minelab as well as your white's and are they about the same to master. Also have you used the Soverign. I feel if after 40 plus hours on a detector that I should start to feel comfortable with it and that has not happened with the Explorer but I am not that computer oriented in terms of it's programs. Thx Pondmn

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)Kellyco has the Cobra water/land detector on sale with a bunch of x-tras-$249.95. ;)Sounded SO good;I ordered one for myself-5 year warranty-regularly 750.00-they had 4 shipping containers damaged in some way;thats why they are so cheap.WHAT THE HECK-they are guaranteed-Ill let ya know how it turns out. ??? 8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. I got my hands on one a fellow detectorist had at a local freshwater beach. It was fairly easy to operate and I saw 2 or 3 excellent finds while I was there. It's a PI unit and the guy said you will probably dig every target until you learn to distinguish between the different signals. Along with the finds I saw a lot of trash dug up too. But I was digging most of it with a Cobra I bought! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread