Pin pointer question

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Aloha fellow pirates, while in water thats rough and MDing, i have found when it's murky that pin pointing is hard.. now this is not in a spot where i am using a scoop.. i am fanning away sand... and reef has some holes.. i think that if i was using a small hand held pin pointer.. like a vibra tech?. i might be having an easyer time... water bouncing me back and forth.. using my big coil is hard.. thoughts.. suggestions please.. Mahalo and shaka Mikey

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I did when being moved about is to insert a bright colored probe where the item was and either fanned away or used a Garrett classifier pan to "scoop" up the bottom into the pan. The probe marks where I was looking. I don't know of any Pinointer that can take the water pressure like a metal detector. If there is a market, someone will make it.

OP
OP
Maui Mike

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Thanks SandMan.. it seems that the concensus... is to get a Vibra Tector 730.. so i ordered one today from KellyCo.. should get it by mid week next. And i need to wear a bit more weight. will tell you how it goes.
Shaka mikey :thumbsup:

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
I never hunted that way. How about bringing a magnet it will save you time on the iron. no?
LT

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I own that Vibra Tector 730... It's Ok..... It works but I think it could do a better job! I have several complaints... I think I'd go with a different one if I didnt require a waterproof pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread