Questions for you beach hunters...

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) Anyone successful MD'ing from Fay yet?
2) Reading another post a little bit ago, I read about the sand renourishment. Is that something that is done throughout the whole East coast, or more of something they are doing in Florida?

I was watching on the Weather Channel this morning and in St. Augustine, I believe, they were showing about a 3-4' cut. If that was just replenished sand, would it be good hunting or not? I eventually want to head to the East Coast, probably North Carolina, and I am just trying to learn when the best time is to hit these spots, especially if you are looking for the old stuff.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DIDN't have any luck this way (west coast OF florida),, We were Forecasted a direct hit.... Then it turned to the east ..
Guzz

becket1

Greenie
Aug 18, 2008
I am in St. Aug, and am heading out at dawn, as today it still blew a bit and the tide never went out. Some cuts are in the renourishment zone, but alot of sand got taken out, so there should be good hunting. I am heading south of town, after I hit the south side of the pier, some good smaller cuts there. If I get anything decent I'll post .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread