Beach closed due to flooding?

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I couldn't wait to get out of the house after 4 days of wind and rain (school was out too). Headed to Jetty Park by Port Canaveral. Cones and firetrucks were blocking the road so I took another road around them. I passed a sign that said press only. (I was pressed to go detecting so I kept going) Well that brought me to more water, and I could see the gates were closed to the park. Oh well. I turned around and headed for Shepard park over by Ron Jons Surf Shop. Not to many people on the beach and the tide was going out. The only thing I found was clad a wing nut and a bunch of cut up pennies. Someone has to much time on their hands. So I came away with $ 1.96 and 1/2 cents. ;D
But last time out there I did find a nice watch.

HH
Dale

Attachments

• 82208.jpg
    82208.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 336
  • watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Did better than I did. Was north of the pier and found 2 pennies and a ton of lead weights in the wet sand. Found clad quarter on way back to car in dry sand.

I went out yesterday after rain stopped. Only did short hunt. Will probably wander around that way tomorrow for a while. See if I can do better than 27 cents. :o

Ray S

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have seen the cut pennies in the area for the last 3-4 months. Every few weeks a new batch show up. After a while you can recognize the sound and just skip over them.

Tek

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
I scooped up one of the cut pennies also next to cocoa beach pier...we drove to the east coast thursday morning from new port richey (pasco county)and hunted for 3 days all along A1A from US192 up to the COCOA pier and all I came home with was a little over 4 bucks in clad..twice as much as my mother and brother found (t-net id`s= fldaphne & yukonbob)
we had ponchos and were out in all that wind/rain thursday & friday and we weren`t alone..i saw at least 10 other detectorists during our trip.
cocoa beach was very trashy....full of cigarette butts and bottle caps..looked bad - like a bar ashtray.
all the other beaches we went to were pretty clean..
well good luck everyone! :tongue3:

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
on day mother nature will clean those beaches real good and many will suffer! b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions