Junk jewelry day

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautiful day ! I got down to the beach about 10 a.m. I didn't dig up my first target until about 10:40 and it was a little gold ring in ankle deep water. I scooped it up and put it in my pocket without really looking at it. As you could imagine, I was pretty pumped. Gold on the first target, sweeeeet! A while later, I wasn't getting any signals, so I decided to check the ring for markings. 14k :o G E :cussing: That's right, plated. :cussing: Oh well, maybe next time. Targets were few, good targets anyway, but I had a good time. I dug a few other pieces of junk jewelry. I left about 5 p.m. Enjoy.

Attachments

• junkjewelry 001.jpg
    junkjewelry 001.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 223
  • junkjewelry 002.jpg
    junkjewelry 002.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
My wife gets mad when I call anthing junk if it looks pretty. It is all in the eye of the beholder, and hey, there is some gold on it eh?

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
It is all about the time you have to enjoy detecting. If you stayed home you would be throwing out the trash with no chance of finding gold. At the beach when we pick up the trash you never know what your gonna find
LT

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Narthoniel said:
My wife gets mad when I call anthing junk if it looks pretty. It is all in the eye of the beholder, and hey, there is some gold on it eh?
Yes, there is some gold on it and it was a thrill scooping it up. Although, when it sticks to a magnet, it kinda bums me out.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lowtones said:
At the beach when we pick up the trash you never know what your gonna find
LT
That's why I do it. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread