juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my new Tesoro Tigershark. I have had the wet suit for some time but no submersible machine. So I finally got around to ordering one and have joined the ranks of the water hunters. Got a lot of targets first trip out and got a good feel for the machine. Hopefully my future post will include some good water gold. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• firstwtr1.JPG
    firstwtr1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 264
  • firstwtr2.JPG
    firstwtr2.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Awesome! I've been looking for a wetsuit, but they don't seem to make them for large humans. I am 268 pounds and 6' 3.5" tall. Can't seem to find any online wetsuit retailers that carry anything big enough to fit me.

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
time4me said:
Awesome! I've been looking for a wetsuit, but they don't seem to make them for large humans. I am 268 pounds and 6' 3.5" tall. Can't seem to find any online wetsuit retailers that carry anything big enough to fit me.
I am 5'4" 180lbs. My main problem with the wetsuit I have is they are not made for people with larger than average arms. Kind of a pain to get it on. I wouldn't water hunt without one. The water in Washington is cold year round. Good luck in finding a suit that fits.
JuJu

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Hello Ju Ju

Can't help with the arms but I have a hint that may help. This may sound strange but putting on a pair of pantyhose will make putting on the farmer johns much easyier as they will slip on. Good luck

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gallienus267 said:
Hello Ju Ju

Can't help with the arms but I have a hint that may help. This may sound strange but putting on a pair of pantyhose will make putting on the farmer johns much easyier as they will slip on. Good luck
I will give it a try. Anything that will make suiting up easier is worth it in my book. Thanks for the tip.
JuJu

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Juju, you're going to love water hunting. You'll find areas that have never been hunted before or not over hunted. It brings back life to metal detecting. Good luck on the next hunt.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck water hunting and kudos in hunting in cold water

I ordered a wetsuit and am waiting for it to come in. My intentions was to make water hunting a hobby during the summer, when relic hunting wasn't an option. Now I know there is no I can stay out of the water I enjoy it too much.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i'm just about your size...

time4me said:

6'2" 250+ and i wear a farmer john 4x, got it on ebay for $25.00. it's a 7mm with nylon on both sides.
i live in michigan, so i have 3 combinations that i wear depending on weather.

when its real cold i put on farmer john bottoms and booties, then i put on neopreme waders, then i put on farmer john top, with hood and gloves. this is basically a semi dry suit, if i step into water above top of waders and stay there to long i get some water in the waders, but usually this doesn't happen. i have hunted for a couple of hrs in a snowstorm without getting cold.

as it starts to warm up i leave waders out off and go with full wetsuit, its still got fill up with cold water b4 it gets warm, so it has to be pretty warm.

when it gets real warm, if i'm hunting inland lakes i use farmer john top like a shorty keeps biting insects and sun off.
if i'm hunting lake michigan i use farmer john bottoms to protect from cold water.

hh steve

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
you're gonna have a blast.......I have that very same scoop....got it in a package deal when I bought my excalibur...only difference is i thought that "loop" was too much so i cut it off mine....just need to get a motorcycle grip to put on the end now.......that said.....good luck andshow us LOTS pics of gold

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marty-Graw said:
you're gonna have a blast.......I have that very same scoop....got it in a package deal when I bought my excalibur...only difference is i thought that "loop" was too much so i cut it off mine....just need to get a motorcycle grip to put on the end now.......that said.....good luck andshow us LOTS pics of gold

Not sure if I like the loop yet or not. It kinda tries to do its own thing. Plus the excess weight is a bit of a pain in shallower water. The thing weighs 14lbs. I was considering cutting it off. I will give it a few more trips before I make my decision. Luck in the hunt.
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread