Got a keeper yesterday, almost.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2006
    DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
    2 times

Got a keeper yesterday, almost.

My wife and me along with our little dog went to the finger lakes for a week. I got to hunt 2 spots. The 1st spot looked great,but the sandy bottom had a thick layer of solid stone under it. That stinks,you hear great signels but can,t get to them. The 2nd spot was perfect. Nice sandy bottom, a lot of people and the people running it were the best. They not only would not take the $3.00 enterance from me but they all thanked me for cleaning the water.They were the best. I hunted for 3 days straight. On day 2 ,I got a nice low tone. It looked like a silver Catholic grammer school ring. But it realy shined. I saw wrighting in it but I could not make it out. I got a total of that ring,2 silver rings 2 silver earings,2 toe rings and $7.77 in change. As it turned out the ring was 14k. The guy in charge had a listing of all the stuff lost this season. Sure enough a small scrap of paper wrighten but the poor girl who lost it , hit every detail of the ring. along with her name and adress. I sent it back as soon as we got home. Happy hunting. Mike.
    Seek thee 1st the kingdom of Heaven and all good things will be given unto Thee.

us
    Aug 2007
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 1000, Tesoro Vaquero
    Banner Finds (1)

You might have lost the ring, but you still have the keeper....Good job!

You might have lost the ring, but you still have the keeper....Good job!
    I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

us
    Nov 2007
    Sarasota
    Equinox 800
    8 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: Got a keeper yesterday, almost.

Thats Good Will Mike Guzz

us
    Apr 2007
    Moyock, North Carolina
    Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark

Imagine how surprised and happy she will be !! You can't pay for those kinds of feelings the feeling of giving and of receiving!! (and it ain't even Christmas yet!!)
    American Steel (and some bronze too) !!

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

congrats on making the return. Too bad you couldnt have met her in person. Imagine someone knocking on the door with a ring you lost months ago, thats an expression id like to see
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

May 2008
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Good fun, wtg! shaka Mikey
    I choose not to sit on my butt.. but to seek my Treasure.. do you?

us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    21 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

I am sure she will be over the moon to receive the ring back. Such renewed hope after thinking something is lost forever is worth it.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    Dec 2006
    DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
    2 times

Thanks all. I could never have kept that ring. I would have had to live with that guilt for the rest of my life. I talked with the girls dad over the phone. He seemed like a nice guy[his daughter is off to college.] They live in the town where I found the ring. He said he even was thinking of geting a water detector to try to find the ring. Now we don,t need that. As I said it is a great spot and I,ll be back next year. Oh yeah the white gold ring had a cross in front and bibles on the sides. Defenitaly a give back. Mike.
    Seek thee 1st the kingdom of Heaven and all good things will be given unto Thee.

Sponsored Links