Got a keeper yesterday, almost.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
My wife and me along with our little dog went to the finger lakes for a week. I got to hunt 2 spots. The 1st spot looked great,but the sandy bottom had a thick layer of solid stone under it. That stinks,you hear great signels but can,t get to them. The 2nd spot was perfect. Nice sandy bottom, a lot of people and the people running it were the best. They not only would not take the $3.00 enterance from me but they all thanked me for cleaning the water.They were the best. I hunted for 3 days straight. On day 2 ,I got a nice low tone. It looked like a silver Catholic grammer school ring. But it realy shined. I saw wrighting in it but I could not make it out. I got a total of that ring,2 silver rings 2 silver earings,2 toe rings and $7.77 in change. As it turned out the ring was 14k. The guy in charge had a listing of all the stuff lost this season. Sure enough a small scrap of paper wrighten but the poor girl who lost it , hit every detail of the ring. along with her name and adress. I sent it back as soon as we got home. Happy hunting. Mike.

Upvote 0

VBDave

Aug 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Tesoro Vaquero
You might have lost the ring, but you still have the keeper....Good job!

You might have lost the ring, but you still have the keeper....Good job!

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats Good Will Mike :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
Imagine how surprised and happy she will be !! You can't pay for those kinds of feelings the feeling of giving and of receiving!! (and it ain't even Christmas yet!!)

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
congrats on making the return. Too bad you couldnt have met her in person. Imagine someone knocking on the door with a ring you lost months ago, thats an expression id like to see

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure she will be over the moon to receive the ring back. Such renewed hope after thinking something is lost forever is worth it.

OP
OP
Mike Silver -gold

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Thanks all. I could never have kept that ring. I would have had to live with that guilt for the rest of my life. I talked with the girls dad over the phone. He seemed like a nice guy[his daughter is off to college.] They live in the town where I found the ring. He said he even was thinking of geting a water detector to try to find the ring. Now we don,t need that. As I said it is a great spot and I,ll be back next year. Oh yeah the white gold ring had a cross in front and bibles on the sides. Defenitaly a give back. :thumbsup: Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread