American Music Festival

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello Fellow Pirates!

Every Labor Day weekend, Virginia Beach hosts the American Music Fetival. For this, they have 10-15 bands come into town and play at various stages up and down the boardwalk. One of these stages, where the headlining acts play(Billy Idol last night and B-52s tonight), is a massive stage built on the sand just for this show. So, with lots of drunk folks listening to music on the sand in mind, I went down, detector in hand.

I was at ground zero immediatly following the show, and man, it looks like a bomb site. Trash EVERYWHERE. Thank goodness they were cleaning it up as soon as I arrived. I combed the entire area in front of the stage, out about 50 feet. I was digging pulltabs every few feet, it was insane.

After an hour and a half of hunting in the stage area, I turned to head home, when I noticed that the tents where beer had been sold had all of the tables and chairs pulled out. Realizing the opportunity, I hit them up, and was well rewarded. 3 out of 4 of them held coin spills from the cash tills. I think half of my clad for the night came from them. At the last of the tents I hunted, I even found a full can of beer. Which is now chilling out in my fridge :).

All in all, a pretty good hunt. The total for the night was a little over $8 in clad, and 66 pull tabs. Only a cheap bracelet and earring for jewelry, 2 keychains, one of them commemorating the festival, and a money clip, which was unfortunatly empty :(. I only wish I didn't have to work tomorrow(who works on labor day?? :(), so I could head out now and hit the low tide.

Ive been out 6 times in the water since my gold ring last Sunday, and only have 1 silver earring to show for precious metals. I did manage to find the spiffy pendant that I now have as my avatar :). Im starting to wonder if folks are starting to get smarter. There sure are plenty of people out swimming, of that I am sure. Oh well, we are supposed to get off early, so maybe Ill get to hit the afternoon low tomorrow :).

Attachments

• clad from amf \'08.JPG
    clad from amf \'08.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 209
  • amf 08 loot.JPG
    amf 08 loot.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
You did good it seems... hey! you got a full beer! I never found one of those before!!!! shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread