Most corroded pulltab ever?

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I have been hunting a lot lately, just not finding much of anything worthy of a post. Today I came across what I think is the most corroded pulltab I will ever find. It was mixed in with some shells in the scoop, and I didnt recognize it. So, what do you think, do I have the most corroded pulltab? Do you have one better? If so, lets see it!
corroded tab.JPG
I have had about 5-8 hunts since Tuesday. A few parks and a school or two mixed in. Found my first good item at a park, a silver mickey ring. Was on top of the chips under a baby swing. Today I added a silver bracelet to my totals too. Was black when ti came up, so I assumed it was junk, but it has STERLING written on it :).
silver mickey.JPG
A few nights ago, I also came across this interested trinket. Not sure what it is, think it may have been a belly peircing.
pink trinket.JPG
Tonight I had some fun with the wife. I really want her to get into detecting, so I played a little joke to get her blood pumping :evil6: :evil7: :evil4:. Was doing some dry sand hunting, and she came down to see me for a few miniutes. I did a little detecting while she was there, and was gridding out an area. While digging a target, I snuck my wedding band off, and tossed it into the next grid line I would hunt. Soon as I got near the ring, she started to head home. It was then that I dug the ring, shook out the sand, then said, "what the...?" and motioned for her to look in the scoop. I heard a gasp as her breath was taken away, and she said, "It's Gold!!!" She looked a little closer, and said, "It's your ring!" and proceeded to slap the heck out of me. But after she calmed down, she did admit seeing a fat ring in the scoop was a great feeling.

Well, Thats all for me for now. Going to do a second ring recovery attempt tomorrow, hoping we make out this time.
HH, hope ya'll are raking in the treasure!
Anthony

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Oh, and I did find this ring in the dry sand too.

Attachments

• huge rock.JPG
    huge rock.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 358

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Man... that cracks me up! LOL... but i can see my wife saying," Oh we can melt that one"...hehehehe
shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Disney Club! Here is my qualifier I got last December. Its a Silver Tinker Bell Ring.

Attachments

• IMG_4447.JPG
    IMG_4447.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 372
OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
That's a beautiful ring there Chief. Want to swap?

I tried looking on Disney's website to find my ring there, but couldn't locate a jewelry section. Have you had any better success with that?

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Most corroded pull tab ever?

Narthoniel said:
Oh, and I did find this ring in the dry sand too.

What color heels are you going to wear to match that ring. LOL On a serious note nice hunt and that is the worse tab I have ever seen...

Sam in Florida

May 23, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my little piece of Disney

The larger one is a very ole spoon, well at least the top half of it, Steamboat Willy type. Unfortunately over the years the bottom section of hte spoon is missing. Not sure when I found the ring.

Attachments

• mmouse1.jpg
    mmouse1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 212

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds now I want a disney ring too.

I never seen a pull tab so ate up..usually they sound so good and come out all nice looking after being there for years. I think they messed up and used the same metal on that pull tab that they make our us coins out of now.

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Very cool ring and spoon Sam.

Tx - you should have seen the zink pennies I dug up. Exactly like that tab. Thought about posting a pic, but decided not to. The tab alone shows the corrosion of the targets I was finding. I seriously thought I had missed the target, saw it in the scoop, and amost dumped it, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread