Garrett dude, fill your holes and pick up your trash.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Well this might be a rant. New people need to learn the ropes. I never caught up with him because he was going about a hundred miles an hour. And by the way you left some stuff in your big ole hole you dug. If you dig it, take it. And buy some head phones, I could hear you a quarter mile down the beach. Ok I’m better now.

Happy hunting everyone.
Dale

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes but head phones aren't for all personal choice that one -- now fill yer holes and take / ditch yer trash with you 110% on those with you

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
The beach was strafed by a garden trowel. Holes everywhere. I have a hard enough time walking a straight line in the soft sand, but now I have holes to deal with. Yes the headphones are an option, but dude turn it down a few decibels. At least I know his batteries will die before mine. ;D

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
I'm not sure head phones should be an option! When I go to the beach I don't want to here someones radio blasting just the gentile roar of the surf with the suns heat sinking into my old bones slowly relaxing and drifting off to sleep and then rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr right next to me id be really pissed !!! I think there is something to be said about getting in and out and leaving only a foot print.. it would not take many pissed off people long to petition the local beach for a restrictions on metal detecting !!! Maybe I'm too paranoid!!! Dug holes should always be filled and any trash findings removed !! We should be good caretakers of the beach after all we want people to come back so they can loose more stuff!!! just my .02 R/Mike

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
for safety reasons I like to hear -- you never know whats coming up behind you or from your blind side -- where you can not see --but you might hear it * if your hovering over folks / bothering folks yer to close by the way --god gave folks comman sense please use it.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
I saw that goober.... He was digging deep holes and not filling em' back in... So I decided to go behind him to make it right. As I approached three of his many holes, I ended up finding coinage. Apparently, he wasn't very good at recovery either. He had to have been a greenie. I'll agree with you Dale, he was moving pretty fast.

TO ALL----Please, fill your holes back in or you'll ruin it for everyone..... :thumbsup:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope he's a member here and sees this thread and is hanging his head in shame

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
FILL YOUR HOLES AND TAKE YOUR TRASH!!! As for the Headphones everybody is becoming a complainer when your are out in public areas deal with whatever is going on around you. This world today is becoming a bunch of whiners and i am getting sick of it. if you don't like a radio playing on the beach then move away. If someone is not wearing head phiones for whatever reason maybe he can't afford it and maybe he has a hearing problem who knows why either way its none of our business. This country is suppose to be a free one and little by little everything is being taken away from us and you no why because everybody whines about something. Just go out and have fun because someday someone will be whining about that to. LET IT GO LIVE AND LET LIVE
LT

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Hey I can deal with the no headphones thing, but when someone leaves big holes with the discarded trash they dug up, its not good for our hobby.

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
I agree with you all.. main thing is respect.. for others and the land/sea. HH and shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

MONGO

Aug 23, 2008
Hey mikey
Sounds like they could use some Aloha...sometimes I forget how good we have it out here in the laidback land of paradise until I read a thread like this......A reason to smile.
HH

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
MONGO said:
Hey mikey
Sounds like they could use some Aloha...sometimes I forget how good we have it out here in the laidback land of paradise until I read a thread like this......A reason to smile.
HH
Your so right brother! smile on! :thumbsup: shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I so agree....COVER YOUR HOLES, whether on the beach or land...cover them! Sure, folks go on the beach and dig big trenches and bury themselves and make sand castles with moats...and leave those gapping holes....but be the better person and cover yours! Our hobby is bad enough trying to get folks to give us permission...it only takes ONE for prospective place owners to say NO!!!

And if you DIG IT....KEEP IT! If it's trash, throw it away in a proper can...if not, put it in your pocket! :thumbsup:

I carry a couple of plastic bags with me attached to my fanny pack :D ... and I put all my trash in there...the good stuff in my fanny pack!!

When the bag gets heavy, from all the BEER / SODA CANS I dig up on the beach....I empty it and start again!!! If no trash can available, I tie up the bag, set it aside and TAKE IT with me when I leave.

I love showing folks on the beach the broken light bulbs that OUR CITY leaves on the beach after the Christmas/New Years light show, the SHARP fence pieces, broken beer bottles that someone used to shoot off fireworks (which I cut my foot on, that's how I found it!!!), and other items! A good majority of them are shocked to realize all that is in the beach sands that their children are playing and walking on!! I've had many Thank me for picking it up and disposing of it!

I look at the place that I detect as if it was my own yard....but something my Father told me many years ago, "When you borrow something from a friend, take better care of it than if it was yours!" When you show and pay respect to the land and the owners of that land, you will get respect in return and possible future sites to detect....

And I agree...COMMON SENSE...it's gone, someone opened the door and let it loose and we can't seem to find it...but it's there, we just have to keep looking!! :thumbsup:

YIS & YIMD,
Annmarie

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Covering your holes and taking your trash with you is a given even if you are sure the next wave may cover it up. The use of headphones is a personal thing. One of the biggest advantage to using them is it attracts less attention to yourself from little kids and low lifes that could pick you as a easy victim. It is not hard to pick your nose up out of the dirt to look around you once in awhile to be aware of your surroundings while wearing headphones if they block out to much outside noises, like Black Widow phones.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[size=14pt]I agree with Sandman, but one of the best reasons for using head phones is that the batteries in your detector will last much longer because they don't have to power the speaker on your detector. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Mat in MA said:
[size=14pt]I agree with Sandman, but one of the best reasons for using head phones is that the batteries in your detector will last much longer because they don't have to power the speaker on your detector. :thumbsup:

Matt has been doing this for a bit? Yes?

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt Fishin Dale said:
Mat in MA said:

Matt has been doing this for a bit? Yes?

[size=14pt]Yup! Been dirt fishin' for near 25-30 years and love every minute of it, even when I don't find anything. For me its not what you find, it's the thrill of the hunt. Finding something is a bonus. This is an enjoyable rewarding hobby that gets my mind off every day problems.

I don't get obsessed and have to find gold and jewelry every time out, and I don't have to go out every day to fill some kind of mental quota. That's just too much pressure for me. I just relax and enjoy the hobby. Bottle caps and pull tabs can be fun too as long as you enjoy what your doing. There's always tomorrow to find the good stuff and when you do it wlil be a pleasant surprise. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions