Has Anyone Decrypted Beale???

SnakeEater

Oct 22, 2008
So Calif.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Pulse Star 2, "Cachefinder" LRL, GPL
The final encrypted document, the directional map from the inn and location of the cache, was solved by a still unrecognized man in Virginia who worked making prefab homes. Quite a unique individual - like Dustin Hoffman's Rain Man only with common sense. He hired me for 10 days to hunt this and several other caches he had done research on. Other than the Beale cipher and one inside information cache, his research was very much lacking... great guy though. My long range equipment showed the Beale treasure recovered but we attempted to access the exact site anyway.

We got permission from the land owner to investigate what we thought was the site based on a triangulation of signals with LRL equipment but it was on the neighboring dairy farm by only 100 feet so we cheated a little. A large mound with a tremendous depression in the middle, an ancient stump almost rotted away, and beside the old road as evidenced by the line of trees twenty feet shorter than the rest of the forrest. Anyway, it was recovered in the 1970's from the litter we found. Portable toilet, tin cans galore, camp stove, rusty tools, cut stones stacked on the edge of the hole for seating, etc. It was the whiskey bottles and cigar tins that told the real story. Heck, I'd be celebrating too!

We detected three of the four iron pots and dug the most shallow one as a memento for him to take home. It could not be removed without a crane or at least an A-frame manual lift. My partner got permission from the corrected land owner and come back later to retrieve it. He was going to send me a picture of it as the centerpiece of his living room (table stand?) but had a stroke and went into the care of his brother in West Virginia. As far as I know, he has never recovered.

Then again... maybe it wasn't the 'real' Beale treasure site.

SnakeEater

Oct 22, 2008
So Calif.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Pulse Star 2, "Cachefinder" LRL, GPL
beale said:
snakeEater,

I would like to add--------I still work at the prefab home factory as of today. I still live in the same mobile home that you visited July, 1994. The stroke you are referring to never happened, I was in an auto accident a few months later that layed me up for two months. But, other than that I am doing fine. Also I do not remember anything about those four pots or the one I carried home. But the pots were found down stream from our site in earlier years before we investigated the area.

It's good to hear from you again. Did you ever get any of your money back from that faulty equipment you purchased from the man in BG, Kentucky? I am glad for one thing you did have a safe trip back home. The plane you flew out on to Chicago I think crashed on the return flight and your commuter plane to Roanoke crashed after it left Roanoke somewhere in NC. I still remember those 10 days and 10 treasures we searched for----------the only one we found was number 11 and we could not recover that one as I recall. It may still be there, if the equipment you had did not lie to us. I went back with my instruments and it said the treasure was there also. Albert

Albert, I was hoping you were on this forum. :wink:

I am so glad to hear from you again. I apologize for mixing up your car accident with a stroke. My memory is going my friend - and not in the usual fashion. It might have been the effects of that plane crash. I'll PM you on that.

I fabricated the iron pot part of the story simply because I hate good people wasting their time hunting treasure that has already been recovered and wish someone had done me the same favor. I think we both believe that was the original site of the Beale treasure that we discovered that day so I'm guilty of a lie of compassion. I do this most nights at bedtime when I tell my fearful daughter to rest easy because she is perfectly safe in her bed, yet I know better. Hopefully, these are the only types of lies left that I tell at this point in my life. I suppose leaving a note and sample of the treasure in its original, found location would be just as kind?

Anyway, I see you are still on the trail of the Beale treasure and I am glad. If anyone deserves a generous share of it, it's you. Please tell me how you landed that copy of the map and why you believe you are the only one in possesson of it as anyone else claiming such a thing besides you would be on little interest to me. We have some serious catching up to do.

Glenn

tjbeale

Mar 7, 2008
The Beale Ciphers are not cryptograms and cannot be solved as such - that is why so many Beale researchers believe they are a hoax. The ciphers are a uniquely created puzzle.

E.A. Poe demonstrated that any cryptogram is solveable, and he had no computer.

If they were actually cryptograms, they would have been solved years ago by cryptographers and/or computers. For an excellent summary of America’s most famous code breakers and their experience with The Beale Papers please see: http://lists.jammed.com/ISN/2002/01/0009.html

If you look this up pay particular attention to Friedman's work. He was America's most famous cryptographer, and used "super computers" for years - with no success. However very interestingly, when he finally gave up, he said "sometimes I'm certain they are a hoax, and sometimes I'm certain they are not......"

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D beale (aka Albert) told me this story, too; wish I woulda been there... oh well! ::) True, Friedman & "Comp" could not solve the ciphers; MAYBE, the ciphers are just "ruse(s)", put together by CSA/Rebel spies to hide CSA "assets", with the Beale Expedition added in the "Job Print" to "misdirect" ppl. It WAS written in 1885, and COULD use words like "stampede"... and even have "stuff"
from E. A. Poe. :dontknow: Emphasis MUST be put on 1885... :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't open the door without the key. LOL !!!

wacouta

Aug 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one solution

I am just curious, has anyone heard of the Beale codes being put through a decryption process using computers and ultra sophisticated computer/data systems?

using Jim Gillogly's computer decryption of part 1, I found "gold"
start with letter 183;
PNRBABFDEFGHIIJKLMMNO
Subtract letters A-U;
take out even numbers
7x2-2=12 7=G
15x2=30-2=26+2 15=O
12x2-2=26-4 12=L
4x2-2=6 4=D
so in all that mess I found GOLLLLLLLLDDD! One possibility only!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you remove the even numbers you do not come up with what you are showing?

You would have 15,15, 1,5,5,5,5,5 but yet you have 7, 15,12 and 4 Two of these numbers are even.

You have GOLLLLLLLLDDD when you shouldhave OOAEEEEE

It just don't add subtract nor multiply up?+ How did you start with 7,15,12 and 4 which everyone knows is gold. And anytime you add 2 subtract 2 you will always come up with the number you started with. Nothing convincing about this.

But I will tell you by the Gillogly alphabet being within Code Paper Number One It does show that TJB had the DOI numbered and layed out before him when he encoded Code Paper Number One because there is no way by accident those strings should have came out almost perfectly. This tells me that TJB used the DOI but he used it in a different way in unison with the DOI first letter of each word.

Ah....now we're getting down to the hart of it all. And, do those strings only exist when using the DOI............

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
No one has deciphered the 2 remaining Beale Codes.

Both the NSA and MIT have used them as a case study in encryption and neither have been able to break them even with the power of super computers at their disposal. They have run millions of algorithms against these codes without any results. For someone to claim that they cracked the codes would be like saying they can decipher better than a super computer. It's pure hogwash.

Don't be mislead by wishful thinkers and those who seek to lead you astray for their amusement. Not a single trace of this supposed cache has ever surfaced....What does that tell you?

Cheers
:occasion14:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I can say for sure that is true, they can only be made by using the DOI.

I know you fellas don't want to believe anything I've put posted about the whole French theory, and that's quite ok with me. But, at one time it was common practice to hide one intended cipher within another, much longer page of meaningless codes. I have said all along that those 19 four digit codes are what the unknown author was really after. I have also said all along that I can't think of a single, well placed, hiding location that I could not tell you about in just a few simple sentences, say just 19 words. And, this is something, even with today's super computers, that could never be broken without the designated keyword list. Thus, the "unintelligible" piece of paper the unknown author was looking for.

And just to add, if any of the above is true, then the only possible chance we would have of discovering the intended words without the keyword list, is if we were 100% certain that we knew the actual source of the deposits and all of the players involved.

PS: Any written document such as a book, manuscript, letter, etc., would be an "intelligible" writing. Clearly our unknown author was looking for an, "unintelligible" item. i.e., something that made no sense when read or observed.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Old Chinese... "Ah SO! WHICH is MORE important... solving the ciphers... OR... finding the TREASURE?"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Chinese... "Ah SO! WHICH is MORE important... solving the ciphers... OR... finding the TREASURE?"

A) "If" it exist, you can't find it without the cipher.
B) First, you have to have "concrete proof" that it ever really existed.
C) Without A or B don't even bother putting your boots on. :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Vous dit les france, c,est possible. Les etas unis sont premi a la temp. Always seemed backwards to me. Any code would be in reach of organized group.?all perished prematurely a hard sell. Code talkers proved code does not have to be made,just not recognised. I do not expect a computer to use what it never had imputed. Code makes sense to more than its maker or its purpose tainted. Were a delayed recovery desired,where is failsafe?.your not going to be there for recovery,you be sure someone is. Deposits almost priceless at time with future of country in doubt,clever minds would make access available. M.h.o.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions