"207411150" the largest number in the Beale code, could this be a key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"207411150" the largest number in the Beale code, could this be a key?

To all the Beale Hunters
This number is the largest number in the Beale code 207411150 could this be a key to the location of the vault, maybe , maybe not?. Masons used symbols and geometric shapes in their craft. (Beale states), "The vault is in the county of Bedford about four miles from Bufords Tavern in an excavation or vault six feet below the surface of the ground. Bufords Tavern is a definite reference point meant to be used in the decipherment of the location of the vault. The county boundaries I believe were already established when Beale buried his treasure, so the treasure cannot be to the west of Bufords Tavern, as four miles would put you out of Bedford county in most of the western areas of the county, so that leaves approx. about 180Deg of the pie out of bounds. After not being able to used the potatoe cave, he knew of another spot, which he surveyed out
Beale surveyed out the surrounding valley of Mountvale and probably used a masonic symbol. Certain numbers in the code "I believe" reference a masonic symbol created/surveyed from certain compass points in the surrounding mountain tops/gaps, places (Tavern of the Blackhorse, possibly)? around Montvale valley. (For example, the golden rectangle, the square, compass and trowel, the triangle, the star, anyone of these symbols could have been used and Bufords Tavern ties into it)
One of these symbols was used and surveyed out accordingly to pinpoint the exact location of the vault ( at approx. four miles out). That is the reason for the numbers in the code. Of course if you were a Mason the numbers in the code may be more evident and the symbol used would be easier to decipher, once you found the starting point, one thing for sure Bufords Tavern is identified by one of the numbers in the code. The trick I believe is to find the geometric symbol used by Beale (a Mason) that would place the treasure about four miles out. In masonic temples cardinal points of the compass apply to the craft, G stands for geometry, etc., and if I were a Mason burying a treasure meant to found by other members of my party I would bury it according to the craft, Masonic allegory, symbology etc.
I have such a survey that utilizes a Masonic symbol, which places the vault about four miles out from Bufords Tavern on a 1:24,000 scale topographical quadrangle map of the Mountvale area using surrounding gaps and mountain points. I have not got to check it out yet as I live in Northern Kentucky and it is hard for me to get down to Mountvale Va. to check out my research and spend enough time searching with proper equipment.
However I will mention I have surveyed one of these symbols out before which put me on Porter Mountain at approx. 4 miles out from Bufords Tavern. I was not successful in finding anything do to time constrainths and improper equipment for locating a deep cache. I would still like to check this area out some more. I always plot Bufords Tavern into any symbol I survey as I feel the tavern is referenced by Thomas Jefferson Beale and is meant to be used in finding the location of the vault.

William Neff

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: "207411150" the largest number in the Beale code, could this be a key?

;D :coffee2: :icon_thumleft: BOTH beale & I know the area, well; and we BOTH are "in touch" with
"Peter V."... who wrote SEVERAL books on the Beale Treasure "mystery"; beale has done MORE "on the ground work" than I; he could PROBABLY "help" you out via "e-mail" or "p-mail" here. In MY opinion, I think the "MASONIC code" is dated to the Civil War/post-Civil War era, with the BEALE EXPEDITION, as a "cover story". Porter Moutain, and the "Masonic connection" was investigated by
Bro. Dan Cole, in the earlier days... you can "google" DAN COLE & THE BEALE TREASURE :wink:
for MORE info. ;D :icon_thumleft:

O

Old Silver

The Swizard said:
To all the Beale Hunters
This number is the largest number in the Beale code 207411150 could this be a key to the location of the vault, maybe , maybe not?. Masons used symbols and geometric shapes in their craft. (Beale states), "The vault is in the county of Bedford about four miles from Bufords Tavern in an excavation or vault six feet below the surface of the ground. Bufords Tavern is a definite reference point meant to be used in the decipherment of the location of the vault. The county boundaries I believe were already established when Beale buried his treasure, so the treasure cannot be to the west of Bufords Tavern, as four miles would put you out of Bedford county in most of the western areas of the county, so that leaves approx. about 180Deg of the pie out of bounds. After not being able to used the potatoe cave, he knew of another spot, which he surveyed out
Beale surveyed out the surrounding valley of Mountvale and probably used a masonic symbol. Certain numbers in the code "I believe" reference a masonic symbol created/surveyed from certain compass points in the surrounding mountain tops/gaps, places (Tavern of the Blackhorse, possibly)? around Montvale valley. (For example, the golden rectangle, the square, compass and trowel, the triangle, the star, anyone of these symbols could have been used and Bufords Tavern ties into it)
One of these symbols was used and surveyed out accordingly to pinpoint the exact location of the vault ( at approx. four miles out). That is the reason for the numbers in the code. Of course if you were a Mason the numbers in the code may be more evident and the symbol used would be easier to decipher, once you found the starting point, one thing for sure Bufords Tavern is identified by one of the numbers in the code. The trick I believe is to find the geometric symbol used by Beale (a Mason) that would place the treasure about four miles out. In masonic temples cardinal points of the compass apply to the craft, G stands for geometry, etc., and if I were a Mason burying a treasure meant to found by other members of my party I would bury it according to the craft, Masonic allegory, symbology etc.
I have such a survey that utilizes a Masonic symbol, which places the vault about four miles out from Bufords Tavern on a 1:24,000 scale topographical quadrangle map of the Mountvale area using surrounding gaps and mountain points. I have not got to check it out yet as I live in Northern Kentucky and it is hard for me to get down to Mountvale Va. to check out my research and spend enough time searching with proper equipment.
However I will mention I have surveyed one of these symbols out before which put me on Porter Mountain at approx. 4 miles out from Bufords Tavern. I was not successful in finding anything do to time constrainths and improper equipment for locating a deep cache. I would still like to check this area out some more. I always plot Bufords Tavern into any symbol I survey as I feel the tavern is referenced by Thomas Jefferson Beale and is meant to be used in finding the location of the vault.

William Neff

Interesting. But how do you get 207411150 from the codes?

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey OldSilver
How are you doing, I hope good!!! My name is William Neff, I thought I'd respond to your question about the number "207411150"...
In (Argosy Magazine), issue of 1964/Volume 359 Number 2, an article called, The Beale Fortune was published by an author named P.B Innis. In the article is a copy of the coded numbers for ("Code Number One"), which is said to describe the exact location of the vault. My father worked the Beale "....
Code No.# 1 for a long time before his death in 1989.
Your question, "Interesting. But how do you get 207411150 from the codes"?...I kept a copy of these numbers because he told me never to forget the number 207411150, as he felt sure this was an important number because it was such a large number, all the other numbers were in groups of 1...2...3...& 4 digit numbers with commas separating them, except for this number "207411150" it is 9 digits long!
I saved these numbers from the magazine on a piece of paper because they were disentegrating over time. I have made a scan of them for you to look over you may need to "zoom in", to read them, (See below). Close to the bottom of "Code No.#1 you will see underlined in ink, with an arrow pointing to the number "207411150". (my father believed this number revealed the exact location of the vault).
"If so"? this number can be used or broken apart for co-ordinates around a 360 degree circle, to be used in the vicinity of Montvale. (Bufords Tavern), which is a reference point, stated by Beale, in Code No.#2, Beale says, "I have deposited in the county of Bedford about four miles from Bufords Tavern..."
I have worked with this number and I believe the number references coded co-ordinates for the location of the vault, according to a certain Masonic symbol if you know the "starting point", because it is 9 digits long, (there are some other particulars you must take into mind when plotting or using this number). I have used "the number" and plotted it on a 360 degree circle in the Mountvale area, on a 1:24,000 scale USGS topographical quadrangle map of Mountvale, using a certain starting point, "keeping Bufords Tavern in mind" and... where Beale states the vault is located.
As I stated in my previous post below...I have plotted this number before using the surrounding gaps/peaks, etc. in the Mountvale area, which put me on Porters Mountain exactly at about four miles out from Bufords Tavern...(See previous post). I have since worked "the number"...207411150 in the vicinity of Montvale Va. and have plotted a second location (Or Masonic Symbol) for the vault and my result is again as Beale stated... about four miles from Bufords tavern.
I did not have time or proper equipment to search Porter Mountain throughly, however their is a second location which I would like to investigate, I feel certain that one of these locations I have ploted may be the location of the vault? I won't know until both of them can be investigated more throughly!
Here is a copy or scan of the numbers from the Argosy magazine issue of 1964/Vol. 359 Number 2. they are the original numbers from Code No#. 1. I have tried in the past to get a copy of these same numbers for Code No.#1, because mine where so disentegrated but I notice when I reviewed the numbers they were not the same. So I kept the ones my Father had used....here they are, (See Below)

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 4,184

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50

someone found the vault according to this The old Inn....... (Point of Origin)
*Buford's Tavern once stood nearby. The instructions within the Locality Cipher are to travel one mile east past the Inn, turn right and proceed a lined distance of three miles to a Point straight-lined with the top of Porters Mountain.
This landmark is the reference point for locating the vault by using the distance and direction information given within Cipher One.

*Map coordinates provided below*
Latitude +37.3510 Longitude -79.6892

*Concerning the Treasure*
Upon our locating the excavation site, we were much surprised to discover that the vault was no longer intact. Evidence at the site indicated that someone had opened the vault long ago and the contents which we and so many others have sought still remains a mystery...
Only a handfull of artifacts have been discovered during our excavation of the vault and surrounding rock formation, these items were discovered near the upper vault entrance. Pictures of these items have been posted here for those interested in viewing.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D PORTER MOUNTAIN! Dan Cole! SECRET decypered message! PICS! "Google" BEALE TREASURE FOUND on bealesolved. com :wink: Just click on "ok"... :coffee2: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D :read2:

O

Old Silver

The Swizard said:
Hey OldSilver
How are you doing, I hope good!!! My name is William Neff, I thought I'd respond to your question about the number "207411150"...
In (Argosy Magazine), issue of 1964/Volume 359 Number 2, an article called, The Beale Fortune was published by an author named P.B Innis. In the article is a copy of the coded numbers for ("Code Number One"), which is said to describe the exact location of the vault. My father worked the Beale "....
Code No.# 1 for a long time before his death in 1989.
Your question, "Interesting. But how do you get 207411150 from the codes"?...I kept a copy of these numbers because he told me never to forget the number 207411150, as he felt sure this was an important number because it was such a large number, all the other numbers were in groups of 1...2...3...& 4 digit numbers with commas separating them, except for this number "207411150" it is 9 digits long!
I saved these numbers from the magazine on a piece of paper because they were disentegrating over time. I have made a scan of them for you to look over you may need to "zoom in", to read them, (See below). Close to the bottom of "Code No.#1 you will see underlined in ink, with an arrow pointing to the number "207411150". (my father believed this number revealed the exact location of the vault).
"If so"? this number can be used or broken apart for co-ordinates around a 360 degree circle, to be used in the vicinity of Montvale. (Bufords Tavern), which is a reference point, stated by Beale, in Code No.#2, Beale says, "I have deposited in the county of Bedford about four miles from Bufords Tavern..."
I have worked with this number and I believe the number references coded co-ordinates for the location of the vault, according to a certain Masonic symbol if you know the "starting point", because it is 9 digits long, (there are some other particulars you must take into mind when plotting or using this number). I have used "the number" and plotted it on a 360 degree circle in the Mountvale area, on a 1:24,000 scale USGS topographical quadrangle map of Mountvale, using a certain starting point, "keeping Bufords Tavern in mind" and... where Beale states the vault is located.
As I stated in my previous post below...I have plotted this number before using the surrounding gaps/peaks, etc. in the Mountvale area, which put me on Porters Mountain exactly at about four miles out from Bufords Tavern...(See previous post). I have since worked "the number"...207411150 in the vicinity of Montvale Va. and have plotted a second location (Or Masonic Symbol) for the vault and my result is again as Beale stated... about four miles from Bufords tavern.
I did not have time or proper equipment to search Porter Mountain throughly, however their is a second location which I would like to investigate, I feel certain that one of these locations I have ploted may be the location of the vault? I won't know until both of them can be investigated more throughly!
Here is a copy or scan of the numbers from the Argosy magazine issue of 1964/Vol. 359 Number 2. they are the original numbers from Code No#. 1. I have tried in the past to get a copy of these same numbers for Code No.#1, because mine where so disentegrated but I notice when I reviewed the numbers they were not the same. So I kept the ones my Father had used....here they are, (See Below)

Thanks, Swizard. So many possibilities, so little time.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Anyone ever tried GEMATRIA on that number? HEBREW CIPHERS of changing numbers to letters? EVERYONE should get a copy of THE ELEMENT ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SECRET SIGNS & SYMBOLS by Adele Nozeder; "Secret Scripts & Ciphers", pg 467 - 492 are VERY interesting! At yer local Barnes & Nobel... in the "Bargain Books", NOW! :icon_thumleft: ;D :coffee2:
GEMATRIA @ GEMATRIA - WIKI :wink: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D The KEY is missing...
now THIS! http://www.masoncode.com/Masonry and Cabala.htm OR... ISOPSEPHY @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopsephy ;D :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

grillz

Aug 2, 2009

Please forgive how late this reply is to this topic, but I just returned from an extended prospecting trip. Yes, it was great.
I don't mean to burst anyones bubble, but I don't believe the number 207411150 is a real number within the Beale codes. I believe the person copying the numbers simply forgot to put in the commas separating the numbers, and the proofreader missed the omission.
Once before I posted on TNF the problem of not having an accurate copy of the codes. After comparing copies of the codes side by side, line by line, and page by page, (a tedious and time consumming job), I have found numerous errors such as: entire numbers left out, digits reversed within the number, numbers completely reversed, two numbers with reversed places, i.e: 21, 12 changed to 12, 21, and in one case, an entire line was omitted. These 'little' errors can really...

The possible numbers for 207411150 are: 2, 20, 207, 7, 74, 741, 4, 41, 411 1, 11, 111, 15, 115, 150, and 50.

If someone has a guarantied number for number copy of the Beale codes, please let me know where or how to obtain it.

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

grillz said:
Please forgive how late this reply is to this topic, but I just returned from an extended prospecting trip. Yes, it was great.
I don't mean to burst anyones bubble, but I don't believe the number 207411150 is a real number within the Beale codes. I believe the person copying the numbers simply forgot to put in the commas separating the numbers, and the proofreader missed the omission.
Once before I posted on TNF the problem of not having an accurate copy of the codes. After comparing copies of the codes side by side, line by line, and page by page, (a tedious and time consumming job), I have found numerous errors such as: entire numbers left out, digits reversed within the number, numbers completely reversed, two numbers with reversed places, i.e: 21, 12 changed to 12, 21, and in one case, an entire line was omitted. These 'little' errors can really...

The possible numbers for 207411150 are: 2, 20, 207, 7, 74, 741, 4, 41, 411 1, 11, 111, 15, 115, 150, and 50.

If someone has a guarantied number for number copy of the Beale codes, please let me know where or how to obtain it.
Rt.207, Rt.411, Rt.150 these look to be route numbers for roads which I have an uncle that lives in Bedford I'll check out and on google maps too

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:D "Numbers" of "State Routes" (Hi-ways) didn't exist "back then"... keep "dreaming". ::) :read2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Then again, it COULD be his Social Security Number! 207-41-1150 ... :D :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

F

Franklin

grillz said:

Look at any of the Beale Ciphers or Code Paper Number One. Even on Wikipedia you can find the ciphers. That number 207411150 was a misprint, they simply left out the commas.

617,84 290, 80,46,207,411,150,29,38,46,172,85

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This number actually existed within the original code

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This number actually existed within the original code it was later changed and broken apart from my observation at latter views of some of the published copies of the codes

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used this number in several different surveys I have done of the surrounding Montvale area, and I have come up with some interesting surveys/areas, that are very possible locations for the vault according to TJB's statements about the location of the vault

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
To all the Beale Hunters

William Neff

Yes, Porter Mountain is a HUGE mountain, south of Buford's, on SOUTH Goose Creek. Bro. Dan Cole ALSO used Masonic "coding" to "pin-point" a "place of interest", finding boulders with a cave-like structure; it was along Goose Creek SOUTH. NOTHING else was found, and I have NOT seen that "place of interest". "Google" Daniel Cole & the Beale Treasure; Bro. Cole died years, ago (2001). Share what YOU got... THANKS!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have used this number in several different surveys I have done of the surrounding Montvale area, and I have come up with some interesting surveys/areas, that are very possible locations for the vault according to TJB's statements about the location of the vault

Please SHARE... THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread