Status
Not open for further replies.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Re: The Beale Ciphers....20 Years of Researching & Observation

Gents:

Long time replying to this one. Made a couple trips to Santa Fe helping on a
homeless ministry. Alas the 'minister' has relocated over to Phoenix after being
harpooned by Ms Cupid. Shortly after learning of this sudden change of pace I too
was similarly overpowered by stardust and no longer enjoy the blissful state of bachelorehood, or widowhood in my case.

I'm sure the TJB legend will continue to arouse speculation for aeons to come but
I am winded and will seek :coffee2: and solace elsewhere. Thanks to Franklin for
the geneology tidbits that need further investigation. BigScoop, Reb, thanks for
the . . . ah . . . tenacity.

lastleg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D YW, ll STARDUST!?? LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! (Playing STARDUST by Ringo Starr, formerly of the Beatles).
ANYWAY... BEALE CIPHERS vs BEALE TREASURE; TWO different "issues". Gonna go MORE years on THIS one... HA! Looking for the "fat lady to sing". Don't need no stinking ciphers! PFFFFTH! :read2:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats Lastleg! :hello2:
And since you won't be here for the really big show that's heading down the pike.......think......."Lawyers & Escrow & Trust"........ :wink:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Thanks bigscoop,

I reckon I found the treasure I was seeking.
Ya'know fellas, having a good stout sidekick to help with the digging is a real Godsend.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lastleg said:
Thanks bigscoop,

Ya'know fellas, having a good stout sidekick to help with the digging is a real Godsend.

May your new Treasure lead you to a lot more. :thumbsup:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

bigscoop,

Well we have hunted a ghosttown and gone to a siver mine to look for amythst crystals at 10,500
feet so far. Also before getting to the San Juans we went by a big ticket lead but were unable to
dig as the place appeared to be presently occupied.
The ghost has given up good finds in the past and I was pleasantly surprised to find it open to
detecting. In fact we had two novices join in and we wound up having to cover their shovel holes
later. One of them had a White's Goldmaster that looked brand new. As I was talking to him I noticed the eliptical coil was pointing at him not outward.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D BETTER! Sounds like FUN, ll! The EC pointing at that guy PROBABLY indicate GOLD DUST on his shoes... from STAR DUST to GOLD DUST! :wink: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Coffee? :D :hello2: :hello2:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I recently obtained a book titled, Southern Treasures" and there is a short missive about TJB. Ciphers pique my interests as I love puzzles...
Has anyone thought of possible books/documents of the era to use for "keys?"
I'm new to this subject and don't want to sound stupid, but other historical documents seem possible, such as the magna carta, etc.

I guess I've got a lot of reading and research to do to catch up with you fellows.

Best,
Scott

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D See The Key/Keys "thread"... :wink: :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other

:coffee2: :icon_scratch: :-* :icon_scratch:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE, here) Ppl trying to solve BC # 1, & BC # 3 (BC # 2 is ALREADY "solved") are gonna spend MORE years of R & O!
(WINK). NEVER chose that avatar, but I LIKE it! (CHEESY GRIN).

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MAYBE... Josiah Gregg's COMMERCE OF THE PRAIRIES: A POSSIBLE source for the BEALE PAPERS. (PDF) (By 1885...)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SO! COMMERCE OF THE PRAIRIES (1844) COULD have been used as part of the CSA "cover-story" in the BEALE PAPER(S) (1885); I still think the Beale Expedition did happen, with TJB going to Saint Loo, meeting up with OTHER adventurers (an ad in an St. Loo newspaper COULD have asked for adventurers); I DO NOT believe that they bought back gold, etc.; it too was part of the "cover-story". MANY Thomas J. Beale are being "investigated"... BUT!

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bigscoop,

A good woman is also a real God send, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread