Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: I believe the Beale codes and story is.......

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • True, just as it was written.

15 25.42%
  • Partially true, but relating to a different event.

14 23.73%
  • A complete fabricated hoax.

18 30.51%
  • A fabricated hoax that still contains two real unsolved messages.

12 20.34%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beale Poll....Fact or Fiction?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2676 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: Beale Poll....Fact or Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC
    Hmmm... INTERESTING! Are YOU "confining" yourself to the "box" of the BEALE PAPERS, then?
    Not at all, just openly exploring one of the reasons why this mystery continues to intrigue people enough (self included) to cause them to continue looking in other places, such as you mentioned above with the Civil War history.

Keeping in mind that the Beale Pamphlet (1885) is indeed the very source/inspiration of this treasure mystery; if the pamphlet was actually penned with the notion of relating it to something else that took place many years later, say in the 1860s, then why did the author feel the need to go all the way back to 1819 in his telling of the event? Not saying he had no reason for doing so, just saying I have no idea what practical/logical/ reason he would have for doing that unless those earlier events were relevant to the later event in some way.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Jun 2007
    1258 times

True, "out-of-the-box" thinking and subsequent R & I may well "solve" this mystery; OR... maybe not. Coffee? 8) AND! I think (MHO) that we need to go BACKWARD in time from 1885, to 1860's, to 1819/1822 for the "JOB PRINT" (aka BEALE PAPERS). MUST be a "sense of adventure" or something.

Jun 2007
    1258 times

Raining in Virginia @ 7am/est; went to Roses Fest in Old City Cemetery in Lynchburg, Va. yesterday and chatted with the guy who is in charge of cemetery history, etc. We discussed the "BT plaque", and he stated it was based on digging up the "indicated area" ( offered to show me where... I declined since he was busy; we agreed to meet again and review all information). He admitted it WAS secretive and Jones Memorial Library (source of I & R in Lynchburg, Va. has NOTHING on the 1970 dig; I knew it was in the late 60's). ANYWAY, the FIRST clue was carvings on a tree on Monroe Street (told him that I hope the tree was still standing, and that I could "read" carvings). PREVIOUSLY, I had seen "hoot owl" trees pointing to CSA cemetery; didn't get a chance to get up "close & personal" to the trees, and look for "tie-down scars". I BRIEFLY explained to him about "Hoot-Owls" and that they shoulda dug under the junk that was found, and sometimes clues are on on head stones near the "site of interest".
    Will find what the BT Plaque (BTP) said and share it here, today. Coffee?

Jun 2007
    1258 times

Here it is... the Beale Treasure Plaque in Old City Cemetery in Lynchburg, VIRGINIA!
    "For over 180 years, the search for the treasure left by Thomas Jefferson Beale has fascinated treasure hunters far and wide. It has never been found and the three part code has never been deciphered. For a period of time, in the mid 1900's, the fabulous treasure of gold, silver, and jewels, valued at over $ 1,700,000 was thought to be buried in this cemetery. An official "dig" in the cemetery was allowed by City officials after being presented convincing evidence
    of metal detector readings, carved signs on a particular tree, and a partially deciphered code. The City was to receive one half the value of the treasure, but only old coat hangers, and horseshoes were found, and the frenzy of excitement and speculation faded with the dream." HA! They shoulda dug DEEPER, or look in the "direction" that the horseshoes were "facing"/going; TYPICAL "mistake" made by Treasure Hunters... "AH! Only JUNK METAL!"

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2676 times

I'm not sure I buy into the theory that neither C1 & C3 hold enough code to produce the information they are suppose to contain. Here's why:

C1 has more then enough text to offer the location of the vault, especially if the location was a location that was already know and familiar to the recipient of the secret. For this very reason, "if" C1 contains a true clear text then I expect C1 will also contain a short explanation as well. Not because it has too little text, but because it has too much.

C3 has more then enough text to offer the names and residences of thirty "associates". For instance if I had thirty partners with offices in the same one or two buildings then I wouldn't need near the space VS thirty completely different residences. In fact, if those thirty names and residences were already avaliable somewhere else then all I would need to do is to tell you where to find that information.

Just more food for thought.

monroe35 likes this.

Jun 2007
    1258 times

HA! I never said BC #1 or # 3 didn't have enough "code"; just don't need em. You see, IF... all the ppl focus on WAS the BT Ciphers they can "go nuts" trying to decipher 'em, etc. That is what the "warning" is about in the JOB PRINT (aka BEALE PAPERS). Being "local" helps find ADDITIONAL "info of interest" to utilize in the Quest for the Beale Treasure or CSA Treasury, or whatever. BTW, C # 2 has already been deciphered, C # 3 has the names of the Associates. Coffee? 8)

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2676 times

HA! I never said BC #1 or # 3 didn't have enough "code"; just don't need em. You see, IF... all the ppl focus on WAS the BT Ciphers they can "go nuts" trying to decipher 'em, etc. That is what the "warning" is about in the JOB PRINT (aka BEALE PAPERS). Being "local" helps find ADDITIONAL "info of interest" to utilize in the Quest for the Beale Treasure or CSA Treasury, or whatever. BTW, C # 2 has already been deciphered, C # 3 has the names of the Associates. Coffee? 8)
    Oooops....me bad. Typo's been corrected. And you're right, if someone is willing to work hard enough at the ciphers they can make Donald Duck, Goofy, and Disney workout. That's the danger of the ciphers, you can make them say just about anything you want, or need, them to say.

Jun 2007
    1258 times

TY! Coffee?

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2676 times

Franklin,
    You might want to double check some of your code values as it appears a few of them change, i.e., is 112 an A,S,V...?

Jun 2007
    1258 times

The list of names IS interesting... I can "cross-reference" 'em in the Bedford City/County
    Museum, which has LOTS of "Family Geno-Files/Folders"; will also look and see if the Grand Lodge of Virginia (FreeMasons) has any info on "Blue Lodges" (Master Masons) or York Rite Lodges (Royal Arch Masons - RAM) in existence, back in 1819/1822, etc). There IS a "pic" of Prez George Washington in HIS York Rite Masonic apron (lined in red), and when HE was Worshipful Master of HIS "Blue Lodge" (apron lined in light blue). There ARE many Goose Creek Valley (above Montvale, Va./Bufords) names on the list; I KNOW RAM rituals depicts Knights Templar evacuating the SECRET VAULT of King Solomon's Temple... AND! Thom. J. Beale may have been "Captain" of the HOST (Associates) of a RAM in 1819/1822. Based on MY research, RAM evacuate, and KT guard. Coffee? AND! I Am RAM, and Past Worshipful Master (aka Past Master) of MY "Blue Lodge".

Jun 2007
    1258 times

Still under "investigation", eh? Coffee?

Kentucky Kache

I'm the lone Wolf that chose option # 4. I think it's quite possible that all the coded papers are really telling us something (maybe Franklin has is right), but it doesn't necessarily mean that a treasure exists. Imagine unraveling the mystery and seeing, "Ha Ha, I got you. I can't believe you fell for it."

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2676 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Kache
    I'm the lone Wolf that chose option # 4. I think it's quite possible that all the coded papers are really telling us something (maybe Franklin has is right), but it doesn't necessarily mean that a treasure exists. Imagine unraveling the mystery and seeing, "Ha Ha, I got you. I can't believe you fell for it."

Jun 2007
    1258 times

So there you go... ONLY the CIPHERS will do, then! ALL "stuck" in the BOX of BEALE PAPERS! LOL...

Kentucky Kache

So there you go... ONLY the CIPHERS will do, then! ALL "stuck" in the BOX of BEALE PAPERS! LOL...
    Nope, just talking about possibilities. But the one paper that was decoded was certainly in the box, right?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsors